Upgrade to new materials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Nov 27, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Seeing how the Nurburgring track got the overhaul and the visual track surface material seems to have been used as a universal type visual surface material (looks the same as other tracks materials in rF2) i started getting concerned that when/if S397 get around to "upgrading" Sebring they may use this same track material and IMO that would destroy such a great track .
    Is there a way i can save the current track and use it along side the "new" track should it ever come and my fear is realized ? The material atm at Sebring is outstanding and if the surface used in the Nurburgring/Portland and others gets used at Sebring i may cry ! I really wish i could go back to the older Nurburgring surface also .
    Looking back at videos from 2019 track to the latest version is kind of sad that this is "better" :confused:

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I have just tried to create a rfcmp file of Sebring and it looks as if it's not possible because 3 of the mas files are encrypted and cannot be opened. So the answer to your question is NO, but maybe somebody more clever than me may be able to help. Which is annoying because I have created a few rfcmp files from the steam workshop just in case they get updated and I don't like the update or they get removed from steam and you loose the mod, which is something that really annoys me about steam. Sorry for not being more helpful.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks mate, i hope if they do update Sebring they just leave the track surface alone or figure out a way to give it more visual depth than the new tracks have got !! I mean if you go back and look at say Simracing604 video of the first release of Nords then compare it to the new release it really does look like a down grade imo and with Sebring having so many different surfaces changes if they use this new material it will be ruined!
    Hopefully someone can chime in and help out with packaging up the old Sebring ( i assume the problem is it being a paid track and if it is packaged up it could possibly get released to the wider public without them having to pay for it) with some sort of check to make sure its been bought already , maybe using the encrypted file already on the system to complete the file package or something! I honestly have no idea but just worried to loose my favorite track in rF2 !

4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I agree, I personally don't like the way some of the trees are rendered now, it looks as if they put the shading in the wrong places and it doe's not correspond to sun direction and also they tend to look too bright. I often think people forget what the real world looks like and only compare the game to what live racing looks like on TV which is a compressed contrast compared to what your eyes see. No matter how good the cameras are they haven't the same dynamic range as human eyes. I also wonder how many people have not got correctly calibrated monitors for colour and contrast. I have only ever bought one correctly calibrated monitor which is a BenQ all my previous monitors needed calibrating. Sorry to have rambled a bit.