Updating rfcmp

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Feralarri, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Can someone please explain to me how to do an update to a rfcmp file. I have a vehicle rfcmp that I wish to add tracks to the trackconfig file for league racing. Have repackaged the MAS file but cannot seem to make an update.

Any help would be appreciated

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

3. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Yes thanks Nibiru I read that one it was really good till I got to the bottom and the guy resolved the issue and didnt bother to update thread with solution

4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I explained the procedure to update tracks in the following post
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?p=379745

For vehicles it works the same.
    BTW, in the past I used to include all main component files even unaltered ones in the mas file containing new/updated files. In past builds otherwise the updated component wouldn't work. I think this is solved but just in case...
    For track this is scn, gdb... For cars it would be hdv, tbc... In any case they are small files so it is no big deal regarding resulting rfcmp file size.

I explain also in that post how to embed those updates within the rfmod which offers some advantages for leagues.
    In the past there were HUGE problems with updates and modmgr.exe.
    Embedding the update in the vmod was, at the time, the only solution to fix this.
    According to my latest tests, current build mod manager/mas2.exe work perfect.

I hope this info helps you despite I actually didn't understand the reason why you wanted to update a vehicle :)
    I don't know why a vehicle should be updated regarding tracks? ????
    I would expect any car to track relationship to be defined within the rfm file and not in the vehicle.

Enviado desde mi SM-T530 mediante Tapatalk

5. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

If we had the thumbs up Id give you one :)

6. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Thanks Euskotracks,
    the reason for wanting to do this is the car has four diff ratios, two tyre compounds and two different fuel tanks. At each race meeting it runs various arrangements of the diff, tyre and fuel tank. Trackconfig file is located within the mas files and sets the parameters for these variances based on track name. As new tracks come along sometimes the namme does not match the trackconfig file and so needs adjustment.