updating rf2

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Angus94, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

I fired up rf2 this afternoon, then clicked update. Message came back saying i was up to date version 156.

Can someone please tell me what the best way is to bring my game up yo vetsion 218

I have downloaded the latest content installer 218.exe file

Thanks

2. O11

O11 Registered

I have the same issue. From build 148.

After abandoning rF2 because I just can't get the content installed or usable or whatever (I can't get it to work, so yeah) for months, I decided to just check out the sim again on my day off. And once again I get a bunch of crap.

3. JGraf

JGraf Registered

you cannot "update" the game beyond one build version back.
    i think the update feature is only useful if you keep up with game build releases in succession.

1) locate your now installed rFactor2 folder and delete. no point backing anything up, it's likely full of obsolete content that will just cause you more confusion trying to figure out whats valid and whats junk.

2) download the current installer (content version) for the current game build 228, and install it, then configure and test before seeking out new content to play with.

4. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

most of the content i have added is up-to-date, ive been keeping an eye on that and downloading and installing as its released.

but i will just rename my current rFactor2 folder i think, just to be on the safe side.

i hope it activates for me

5. RKipker

RKipker Registered

>>>> I have the same problem... so I D/L the 228 installer only 1+ GB is this all I need to reinstall the game? Can I simply install over somehow? No disrespect... but this updating is a real pain... in the ARSE...LOL!

I'm a life'r but wondering the value at the moment. Why can't the updater go back more than 1 version?