SOLVED Updating multiple servers to 1126 failing.

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Myrvold, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Hi!

I was trying to update the servers we have after the new release tonight. Using the usually batch file we have been using for a couple of years now.
    Using the normal command:
    Code:
    cd D:\SteamCMD
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server1 +app_update 400300 +quit

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server2 +app_update 400300 +quit

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server3 +app_update 400300 +quit

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server4 +app_update 400300 +quit

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server5 +app_update 400300 +quit

pause

However, for some reason only server1 was updated this time around. Something that's never happened before (at least for me). I've tried to make a new batch file where server1 was removed, to see if there was some sort of "only line 1 working" issue. But nothing happened. From looks of it, the SteamCMD thinks that server 2-5 has been updated, however those servers are still on 1125 and not 1126.

In situations like this it's more likely than not an user error, but I cannot for life of me figure out where I can have messed up now, when I didn't previously.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  2. Brutten

Brutten Registered

In the update I get this.
    I changed the order of the parameters and it did not work.

upload_2021-12-1_22-0-16.png

Attached Files:

Myrvold likes this.
  3. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Granted, I did see that one myself, but as server 1 actually got updated (and shows on the server browser as version 1126) I didn't think much more of it.
    Regardless of the order of the parameters this is what I get:
    upload_2021-12-1_22-7-56.png

Or rather, this is what I get now. I got the same as you got when I first tried to install, but that only installed on server1.

4. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

It only updated server1, not server2, server3, server4 or server5.

5. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I'm gonna try it, but I find it weird that this is the issue when server1 was updated.

EDIT:
    upload_2021-12-1_22-22-2.png

Samme happens.

EDIT2:
    As server 1 has been updated, I've tried to remove that from the command-line with the changed command as well. Same thing happens (as in, nothing). So server 2-5 are currently stuck at 1125 and I've run out of options. Even tried to removed the dedicated server.exe to see if that forced some sort of "oh, something is missing, let's do a check" thing. No luck.

6. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Not sure I quite understood you, as this is now the message.
    upload_2021-12-1_22-43-39.png

Again though. Server1 is updated. So the command-line for updates should work. It's just that it didn't update server2-5 and now, even when using the command-line that worked on server1, it won't start any updated for any other server.

This is making my head spin around. I cannot understand why it worked on server1 the first time, and now it won't even check for updates.

7. Corti

Corti Registered

That notice also appears when I update the Automobilista 2 server ... maybe some change in Steam?

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

You need to keep the cd D:\steamCMD bit at the top . I just ran this and it installed all 5 servers without the validate command, ran it a 2nd time with the validate command and it checked all 5 servers.
    Code:
    SteamCMD +force_install_dir D:/Games/rFactor2/rFactor2-Server1 +login anonymous +app_update 400300 validate +quit
    SteamCMD +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server2 +login anonymous +app_update 400300 validate +quit
    SteamCMD +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server3 +login anonymous +app_update 400300 validate +quit
    SteamCMD +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server4 +login anonymous +app_update 400300 validate +quit
    SteamCMD +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server5 +login anonymous +app_update 400300 validate +quit
    pause

Myrvold likes this.
  9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I would say that is the case.

Myrvold likes this.
  10. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Yet again:, with validate and without
    upload_2021-12-1_23-50-49.png

The only time this actually worked was the first time. Then it only did it on server1, the rest of the times this have happened.
    The most frustrating part is that i don't understand why. Usually I understand that I do something wrong, but that I don't understand what. Now it feels like I don't do anything wrong. That's frustrating.

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Has the stderr.txt file got any info?

12. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I also tested
    Code:
    steamcmd +force_install_dir D:/Games/rfactor2/rFactor2-Server4 +app_update 400300 -beta v1121 +login anonymous +quit
    To try to force an install of an older version (I also tried previous-build, release-candidate etc. that were available on Steam, in addition to the last few builds). Nothing happened.

13. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Nope. Completely empty. Last change to that file was 7th April 2021. What that change was, I have no idea.

I will keep clicking "like" on every suggestion I get though :)

14. Corti

Corti Registered

go to update IsR servers now :rolleyes:
    ok.png

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    Myrvold likes this.
  15. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

My guess is that it will work fine :) It seems like I've just been very unlucky or something.

16. Brutten

Brutten Registered

I have the same problem.
    I have tried all the solutions mentioned above with no result.
    Steamcmd always says it is up to date, but when I start the dedicated server it is still on the previous version.
    Even the executable is dated 1-12-2021, but the version is the old one.

17. Corti

Corti Registered

oh...:(

all ok here

Myrvold likes this.
  18. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Heh. Well, server1 for me did get updated, it says 1126. It's "just" the rest that are pooped at the moment.
    Steamcmd says it is up to date? So you get another steamcmd message than the ones I've posted?

19. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

And you also had the logon first so that's not the cause of the problem either. With the risk of sounding like an idiot, I kinda hoped you'd have the same issue so I had someone to lean on here :p I guess not then :)

20. Brutten

Brutten Registered

I don't know what is happening but I am not able to update my server. I will wait for a solution, until there is none I will continue with version 1225 (tomorrow we have a race).