Updating from i5 4670 to ryzen 5 3600.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Week, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Week

Week Registered

Hi all.
    I was thinking of upgrading my pc from a i5 4670 stock to a ryzen 3600. Is it worth keeping my old 980ti? I only use it with oculus CV1. Has anyone made a similar change?

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Hi, I have a partner who uses the 980 you and it works quite well, I don't know what circuits, but as far as I know, it works quite well.
    I don't remember if your i5 is 4th or 5th generation

3. Week

Week Registered

It is a 4th generation Intel Haswell. Did he updated from intel 4th generation? Do you know if he has felt a significant improvement? I'm pretty sure that new ryzen works great in any circumstances, but i'm wondering if it is worth the upgrade just for playing rfactor2 and other sims, because i just play this kind of games.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

An update will be noticeable, you will improve the Ram, the ssd pcie, and you will have a stronger processor, but I think you can also try this way, and then if you think you need much more, you can always update yourself, in any case there are people with a team of 4 generation that still play quite well rfactor

If you don't care much about the punctuation numbers, I would try to continue, try first how it goes ... as I say later you can always update:)