updated temp car

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Stevy, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Stevy

Stevy Registered

So I was really really thinking a lot about where I should post this on the forum.
    Wish list, just general as a new thread, or here as a "bug".
    I decided to post it here because
    a) the temp car isn't up to date (which it should be)
    b) it impacts the (night) gameplay
    c) at least here in bug reports I know it get's tracked

So now to the topic itself.
    The temp car needs to get updated as fast as possible especially for the night time (considering the multiplayer is now as populated as ever thanks to LFM).
    I just yesterday did some practise on Sao Paulo at night in the LMP2, and at the exit of the pit where pitlane and track merge several GTEs (as temp cars) were exiting the pits.
    And HOLY COW you can not really see them at night at all.

Not just that they have no lighting at all (no rear no front) they also turn random completely black and are really hardly visible at night even when in front an in direct headlight light.
    I guess it's a shader thing and I don't know how the not up-to-date track Sao Paulo does make things worse.
    But this need to be addressed!

I get the function of the temp car and why it is how it is. That's ok and not the problem here.
    And at daytime it is no problem either (expect missing brake lights perhaps)
    But at night time things get worse and with multi class events you create dangerous and unfun situations really fast.

Update the shaders of the temp car please. Add a pair of head and rear lights and give some brake signal.
    I don't really care how it looks, and if the whole car turns red while braking :D

Thank you!

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

You can reload temp cars while on track

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can also just play offline. Point?

4. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I know that, thanks.
    But this is about the temp cars itself, not why they appear or how to reload them.

5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Coutie likes this.
  6. Stevy

Stevy Registered

That's great to see that at least the lighting is corrected.
    But still needs actual head lights or some sort of brake light to actual see them on track.
    I did drive past temp cars which were off track. And again you don't see them.
    So yes, 1 of 2 (or 3) complains seems to be fixed

7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

McFlex and Seven Smiles like this.
  8. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I should mention, though, that if you map this button and press it while driving on the track, the graphics will lock up for quite a few seconds depending on how many cars get loaded.

But it's a great option if you're doing a long practice stint on an MP server and a lot of people enter and start driving. Just pull over off the track and press the button and then continue your practice stint. This way you don't have to escape and spoil your test.

McFlex and Seven Smiles like this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

A looong Time ago, i did make a tmp Car for rF1, for that i did use a white Emissive Color in the Material, to get it being visible in the Dark.
    Maybe it still works in rF2....