Updated/Released car content (1.4)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 9, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: Updated/Released car content (1.4)

Replay view only.

2. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

deactivate auto detail fps and you will nit see it again.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I have this issue too and have the following in my Player file:

Auto Detail Framerate="0"

[​IMG]

From replay.

4. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

There is a problem with new f35.. when we try to create a vmod, the "teams" part is empty, and when try to package the vmod, the package creator gives the message " No teams selected from vehicle fr35_car v1.41" and its impossible to create the vmod.

5. Jean-christophe Pires

Jean-christophe Pires Registered

The same for me, we have report this problem in Technical support forum already.

6. pleclair

pleclair Registered

My first post on the forums!

Just wanted to chime in on the latest update released yesterday.

One word, awesome!

Please don't revert changes to the 370z and other cars.

I have seen comments about the new 370z being undrivable, but to me, it feels a lot more authentic.

For some odd reasons, I wasn't finding that car much fun to drive before the update, and even yesterday, I spent most of my time in rf2 driving the old 370z not knowing there was an update due that day or even planned.

Even after playing quite a bit with it, it was still one of my least liked car...

Now it's much fun.

I dunno about people saying this car understeer.... all I seems to be getting is oversteer with default setup... sure if you keep the throttle down during a corner, it will go straight... but that's how it should be. :)

Otherwise, you lift up the throttle a bit and the rear end is very controllable.

I have only gave the other cars a quick try, and so far, I'm really pleased to see where this is going!

The new sounds are pretty good, the best being the GTR.. can't wait to be able to blast the volume up a few notches :)

I'm still rather new to rFactor (and 2), bought it a few weeks ago, and even thought I purchased both rFactor 1 and 2, because I discovered the 1st, with many mods, but since I started to play the 2nd, I cannot play any other racing games...

Actually, there is one that feels just right as well, and it's AC, but still one car/one track isnt enough to keep me playing it. But it looks like when both games will be released, I will be playing both.

On a side note, I also got iRacing when I got rFactor 2, as I wanted to see what the fuss was about with that game.

And for me, rFactor 2 feels a lot better. The default FFB settings is really disappointing in iRacing.

Anyway, now I'm off topic, so I'll stop here, but just wanted to say that I love rFactor 2.

PS: The only downside to it... me being new to the scene doesn't help either... but I purchased F1 2013 and a BMW M5 from some unknown rFactor payware site that I wont say the name to prevent others from doing the same mistake...

but the current state of payware is very low... I've tried the Aura T5 and it doesnt feel right at all.

So I guess that all of this could hurt rFactor 2 in the long run. ISI should be doing something about that...

If payware is to be allowed in the rFactor mod scene, ISI should keep control on it, by providing a store and taking % of the sales, so basic QA is offered from ISI on those paid packages.

Still off topic, and still talking, now I'm going back to rF2 :) See ya!

7. lbird

lbird Registered

Great update, tried all the cars. Especially the sound improvement is great. Two little things i observed during testing:
    - the leg texture of the driver in the Renault F35 is totally washed out and looks awful. Everything else is sharp. A glitch or my local problem?
    - The mirrors are flickering on the old belgian spa track. I did not notice that on croft.

Otherwise looking good. One more question: How do i set the pacecar? Right now my pacecar is the 1979 ATS sitting in the pitlane. Don't know how and why. I would like to use the new SLS.....

8. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Just downloaded some new stuff and tried the Nissans first. I really don't understand why some folks complain about the 370Z. I didn't have any "icey" issues with it. Still fun to drive it to its' limits and stay there easily. Maybe a little bit harder than before, but nothing serious, I like it very much.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Sorry for the slight OT but guys...

Imagine my frustration.

I was doing a lot of garden work yesterday, cut all the grass at my house and at my mums, both big gardens with big lawns, lots of edging to do and general tidying up, you get the picture.

Anyhow, long and short of it is some nasty little critter bit me, I never felt a thing, never brushed any nasty looking so and so off me but I`ve been bitten alright.

Left arm from about half way on my forearm down to my hand is swollen beyond belief, I can hardly move my fingers let alone grab the steering wheel! Big inflamed part on my wrist where the little s.o.b sank it`s fangs into me...

:(

Went to the doc just to confirm it was a bite and it is, on tablets now but no serious damage done. It`s just typical that I get this when the new updates are out and I`m itching to try them and I can`t!!!

:(

It took me about 10 minutes to type this lol...

At least I have the right arm/hand for lifting up the beers though. :D

10. lbird

lbird Registered

Don't worry tjc, this will go away. At least you caught some fresh air doing the lawn and were not sitting inside on the pc driving :rolleyes:

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Feel bad for you...

Try to lower FFB of your G25, set autoclutch and autogear, and drive with your right hand. It's just for testing purpose! ;)

Courage! :)

12. argo0

argo0 Registered

We're all praying for you TJC!

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Time to go fully auto Terence, my true sympathy :)

14. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Tried a fresh install, tried every resolution and graphics setting and I still get stuck in perpetual loading screens :(

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I hope you'll get well soon! Cheers!

16. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you for this guys. Keep doing this great job! ;)

17. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I was going to say GTR is now absolutely fantastic but don't want to make you feel even worse. :p Get well soon!

18. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

There's definately lot less grip than before. Indeed it now handles much like Vette - maybe they accidentially put C6's physics into this 370z. :p I wouldn't say it's not handling good but it's just so different than before. Bet it has same tires now as C6.

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Maybe a stupid question guys, but......as the safety car is a rcmpvmpr.....whatever mod kind of thing; shouldn't we be able to drive it too?
    I can't really dive into it; I was at my friends house to see the new mods, and I asked for the safety car; he said he couldn't find it?
    I don't have the game (not computer or wheel) anymore, so I can't look for it myself and he wouldn't let me :)

20. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Yes, it drives like C6 now, but it shouldn't. In my opinion, they screwed 370z.