Updated/Released car content (1.4)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 9, 2013.

1. Jello

Jello Registered

Cool stuff, thnx ISI :)

2. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

you have to open .VEH file and delete "PaceCar NO_AI" from classes

next you must do .rfcmp package with new .mas file and install it

to test new SLS you have to delete old SLS

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Ok thanks Antaeus, Just a little too complex for a mere mortal like me is all that. :(

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This! before I felt it very lightweight and easy to turn, but now it feels like the C6, very very heavy and "icey"!

5. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

i will do tonight two .rfcmp packages with SLS and Clio PaceCar drivable

ah, SLS and Clio hasn't cocpits

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Good man :cool:

7. Magus

Magus Registered

To be honest the 370z wasn't a car I played around in much but I gave it a good go after the update on Ponzan last night and thought the car felt disconnected from the road and also had a lot of understeer. I thought running a few laps and laying some rubber might give me the sensation of grip and changed downforce and spring settings but still felt disconnected and heavy. I gave up at that point and went on to the GTR.

I plan to sit down with it & Motec one evening and set up the car properly to see if it improves before I give up on it completely.

However, the Meganes & FR 3.5 were & are even more so special now & the GTR, for me, felt a little off, but an improvement to before (& again one I think I will spend fine tuning before making a final verdict).

8. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Thanks for the updates ISI! The sound guy deserves a few days off;) Great stuff! Can't say anything about the physics yet. I don't have the time at the moment unfortunately:(

9. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

370z at Mills Metro Outer loop A used to be my favorite combo. I stress USED to be. Whilst I wouldn't describe the 370z as undrivable, its definately taken a step backward IMHO. Its no longer tight with the superb control at the edge of grip with controlled slides etc.

The Megane AI struggles completing a lap of Mills OLA as they tend to spin in the fast bend after the fast chicane. Had a quick racevwith 15, all but 2 spun on that corner at least 1 lap out of 5.

GTR sound is awesome though :D

Visual updates are nice too. No more dirty Megane windscreen (although I didn't mind it too much because it seems less invasive in stereoscopic 3D)

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

An issue with the new GTR cars... Car interior disappears at this very short distance:

[​IMG]

Car to the right have interior, while my car to the left and sliiiightly behind, doesn't. The other cars behind us do not have interior either.

11. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Saw the update, downloaded everything, now I get stuck in perpetual loading screens. Tried a fresh install too. Loading bar just fills up and sits there. Really wish I could try this stuff out :(

12. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks for the updates, very nice

13. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

its ISI's optimalization ;d

14. Minibull

Minibull Member

Only done just a couple of laps in the Megane and 3.5, laptimes are a sneak off what they were, but obviously we need to relearn the cars haha.

Real nice to see the 3.5 models now show the correct wings and underbody trims for their downforce settings, cool stuff :)

Sounds are great, handling feels real nice. Something about it which I just can't actually describe. Rear tyres feel nicely connected in a straight/almost straight line.

Edit: Also a nice clear windscreen for the Megane too XD

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  15. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

Updated vehicle, liked it! but I have lost sound of tires... I deleted the Renault Megane Trophy 1.1 Mod and installed the new Megan, FR35 etc. And now no sound of tires in all cars.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Try changing graphics resolution and running again. You can change it back again later.

17. 88mphTim

Replay view only, or cockpit?

18. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

I found the problem. from a folder rFactor2\Installed\Sounds gone was the folder with the TMTires. I wonder what I'm a mod Uninstall, that she was missing...

19. 88mphTim

There is a component which comes with the core named that I believe, it can be uninstalled, so you possibly did that by accident.

20. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

OK, Will try that. Since I last tested rF2 I have upgraded to a triple screen setup. I guess that could be causing issues. Will give it a try. Thanks for the reply.