Updated/Released car content (1.4)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 9, 2013.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

New GTR is ORGASMIC! When it turned the engine on I had my headphones set pretty loud and it felt like an explosion in my head. I was like: "OMFG! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! I LOVE IT!" On the straights when the engine was reaching the maximum revs it sounded like big ass wasp mixed with lion. I loved it. Downshifts are like micro explosions. Really addictive sound. The car feels more responsive and overall more complete.

Megane... Oh yeah. The best describtion I could come up with is: Torpedo on the wheels. Even on green track this thing flies with the ease through the corners like a gokart with a roof. Sound still isn't as violent as the real one but it is miles better from what it used to be. The never ending grip and stability is amusing. :D I give this car thumbs up.

370z well there isn't much to be said. Feels better and the sound is really improved. Gives more pleasure while driving.

Formula 3.5: Well all I can say is: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. This car sounds now and goes like a Formula 3.5. Now I could drive this car alone on the track just for the sake of driving it and listening to the downshifts. The whole physics feels like it's been almost overhauled. Great feeling of the tyres. The biggest surprise of them all. Just below it are now Megane and GTR. These are unbelivable. 370z is veeeery nice now but it didn't left me with my jaw on the floor. It made my eyes very wide as well as my smile but it didn't drop my jaw. :p

Overall.
    GTR 9/10
    Megane 9/10
    370 7+/10
    F3.5 9+/10

Greaaaat job ISI. If there were paid updates (like *cough* i *cough* racing would do) I would paid for them without any hesitation. They are worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

To me the new 370z feels very similar to the old version? But I haven't driven it very much lately... Maybe it's a bit harder to drive. It looks nice from inside and I had fun with the AI at Malaysia 1.42.

However I don't think one should compare laptimes from old version vs new version.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

No, baked! I tried to adjust it, but the car with this update has changed a lot! I was able to do 1'24.5 at the first lap and with a green track, but now with the new version I cant make even 1'29 at the first lap!
    I will make more tests tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol, now this is how I want to feel about the 60's formulas... I hope they get updated sound in the future because the BT20 is using same enginesound as generic F1's but less revs :(

But great update ISI, thanks.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Registered

I can't get any of the updates to work.

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

And even worse, nobody can help you because of your very detailed problem description.

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

At least that's a start! You must give it to him that he wrote 1 sentence xD.

Like Vittorio said, ptclaus98, give us more info and we will happily try to help you.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

Yes, a little more info might help 98.

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Let me be silly:

Download all new versions, copy the files to ...Rfactor2\Packages, start RF2, go to "Manage Mods" button, be sure "Components" checkbox is checked, click on "Installed" to sort, there will appear several "No" installed mods, right click on each one and "install".

10. bassweight

bassweight Registered

I really, really like the Megane changes so far!! Sounds sooo good now, too!

11. grubyc

grubyc Registered

Can anybody say how to instal and where to download all new updates,engine..??
    Tnx

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Will these updates work if I keep old version installed? Otherwise I have to uninstall Palm Beach, Portugal and Mills?

But really big thanks for these updates ISI!

13. ifrans

ifrans Registered

yes TIG, no problem, they make other directories.

14. ifrans

ifrans Registered

see link first post and you need to put them in packages folder, and install them with mod manager.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok Tim thanks, will do.

16. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Has any one worked out how to Dib round in the SLS yet? Or even how to see it on track or in the pit instead of that yellow shopping car :D

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

every updated car feels and sounds good :)

Couldn't fully compare though because I have a new wheel and didn't use auto-clutch anymore (lot to learn with these settings :p).

But most noticable improvements in handling were with Megane and GTR.

18. Niko

Niko Registered

Just to confirm. We can't try the Mercedes SLS?

19. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Tim said earlier someone will work out how to drive the SLS and it has physics, but its not meant to be driven, Someone confirmed on Facebook it is possible to drive it too but it beats me how to even see it in game :(

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Megane very good, but outside sounds still are funny.
    GTR completely new car, good to drive, but twitchy some times.

F3.5 has crazy aero oversteer in default setup: 25-16 wings. Only with 23-28 I was able to drive more or less stable in Mid-Ohio. Overall car is hard to drive to my liking, I prefer more grip and downforce in openwheelers.

370z is harder to drive than before. And car itself a little bit boring for me, feels like a tank.

All new sounds are very good.