Update for historic open-wheelers?

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Hedlund_90, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Some wishes, suggestions and thoughts about the historic formula cars...
    The cars will be updated with chassis flex, but will there be more changes??

Brabham BT20

EVE

Spark
    • Wing option. The car is useless without it because it can't compete with EVE.
      In my league everyone is driving the EVE. It would be more fun to have different cars on the grid.

To all cars
    • Smoke and rainspray effects not visible through windshield (I think with all cars, but at least EVE f1)
    • Foggy/milky driver goggles fix
    • Templates! Historic driver + helmet (with two sides, not one that is reflected), possibility to paint glasses.
    • Improvements to the mirrors. It looks wierd not to be able to see the rear of the car in the mirror. And, the mirrors look more like rear-view camera displays.. They need some dirt, scratches, reflections etc.
    • The driver looks tiny in the cars, especially the Brabham.
    • To all cars (especially eve and spark of course) I wouldn't mind a little improvements to textures and shaders (cockpit, gauges and especially the engine).
    • Spinning halfshafts. Is it possible?
    • Tire model improvements.

With wings for the Spark F1, it could compete with EVE and we could have more interesting starting grids.
    Same goes for F2... But it's the opposite: Spark has wings but not the EVE. Why? The choice of car is too easy... Difference is too big. With wings, the EVE could be more competitive.
    At the moment, everyone will drive the EVE in F1, and the Spark in F2.

I hope ISI fix more than only chassis flex for these cars with next update. EVE and Spark are old low-poly models but they could definitely be improved.

Tell me what you think and add more stuff to the list...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

Some darn good points hedlund!

+Also the eve -smoke dosn't show through the small window screen

Only a small thing but very distracting

Thanks

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes, thank you for that :) I know I have forgotten many small things... That was one of them. It's distracting, indeed, but also cheating when you don't have to worry about rainspray from other cars!!

4. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Good Points!
    BT20 > driver is really to small. Or the car too big and wide...
    Sounds could be "Better" with more bite.