Upcoming ISI Content List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kotakotakota, Jan 10, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's the same feeling for me a lot of the time to running a lap at Monaco. You're close to the wall and other traffic - all the time - and it requires the same kind of concentration. Also, because there are so few turns, people are able to get up to speed easier, which makes mistakes really punishing, and only those truly exceptional can be much faster.

Indy though really isn't like an ordinary oval, side by side racing really doesn't end well, you have to give the place to a passing car before you enter a turn if you want to be guaranteed of exiting that turn. A lap around Indy when fully trimmed out is truly terrifying.

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

It wasn't directed at you. I don't think it is ready (it may be, but I just don't know). I was describing a 'hypothetical' situation ;)

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I believe he was speaking of a general rule, not referring to current state of IMS development at all :)

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Ah ok. If we couldn't get any RC ready, then it's possible we could do an oval release, but I am not sure it would be optimized, so I wouldn't want it to be another Silverstone before it's last update.

5. capetuso

capetuso Registered

What I am really looking forward to is the car. Can't wait to try it. This is a proper top racing car and not the new F1 ones.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Kart content has come out, so we can cross off the Kart cars and the Quebec karting track.

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

Joesville seems to be in testing on 3 ISI servers, possibly coming? :) Might be a bit odd though, as we dont really have any cars naturally suited to it.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

*cough* stockcars in production *cough*

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The Gen 6 cars and Joesville wouldn't be a good place to test. Maybe ISI is working on a latemodel we haven't heard about?!!

10. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

How come this Joesville is not available to download and install like other tracks? What is missing?

11. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Isn't Joesville mainly used as a sort of template for starting out a track file? Maybe they are testing out a new track they've been working on, and to keep that info secret they've just simply not changed the track name info in the file. Just a wild guess, as I've seen a few 3rd-party tracks that show up as Joesville because they used it as a template.

I also don't think it is Indy, though, because last weekend they had an Indianapolis-Oval on one of the ISI test servers for a few hours.

12. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

The DW12 was designed to race on all circuits from the start. The Indycar schedule has been road course bias for a while now.

The previous Dallara that we should all forget and pretend never existed was designed solely for oval racing, then adapted to road racing, which is why that car was a bit of a pig. The redesign of road course is down to the fact the road course has and always will be a rather boring circuit, the goal being to enhance the passing opportunity at the end of the back straight at the cost of losing a boring bland generic left hander.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

A track is a track. Any car is suited to it. Skippy's or other low powered open-wheelers, or road cars, pretty much anything low powered could be considered "suited" for it in my opinion.

14. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I wonder why ISI aren't modelling an LMP1.. It would be magic if they did.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What class is the panoz LMP they have on pictures I have seen?

16. Capeta

Capeta Registered

They have the Bentley EXP8, not a LMP1 but still a LMP. :)

17. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Do you mean the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 on the right of this picture?

[​IMG]

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yeah that thing ;)

19. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Any news on the Nissan GT500 GT-R? Must..have..now!!

20. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Almost anything since LMP1 began in '04 would be welcome, but I really feel something current (i.e. 2014), licensed or not, would be very helpful as it would mean implementing code for the various energy recovery and drivetrain options. I imagine that would be useful for modders.