Unwanted race rejoin functionality

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by hardtohandle, Mar 18, 2016.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Did a race last night, 45 min with 2x fuel and tyre usage, I was going to do 1 stop, and the server tanked on us when I was coming to the end of first stint. We all got lost connection. And I lost my setup too. I don't think server prob was with RF2.

So Woodee rs the server and change race length down to 25 mins and we go again. I recreated my setup from memory, it is likely to be identical to what I had the first time except I had 60L instead of 52L.

A few laps into new race, I run out of fuel! And also notice my tyres are heavily degraded (38-50% tyres). I exit to monitor and double check fuel, and yes it is set to 60L, I had not done anything silly. I always check them details before every race and I knew i hadn't set it wrong, but I double checked it anyway and it was not wrong. There is no way to degrade tyres that much either in a few laps unless your doing burnouts (Celica GTO), I did nice laps with no issues, the tyres should have all been 90% +

What happened here is that RF2 restored the car state to how it was towards the end of my first stint in the race that server crashed. Like a race rejoin. Well, actually whenever I have done a race rejoin previously I get new tyres and can set the fuel how I like, however on this occasion it restored car state from previous race, but it was not a rejoin, it was a new race. Car state would have been about what I mentioned, enough fuel for a few more laps and tyres about 50%.

I don't know what woodee did to server, maybe he did a full rs or just reload track I don;t know, maybe he can fill us in. Maybe there are some settings messed up on server, but this definitely happened. I exit from track and touch nothing and the setup said 60L just as I knew it did, fuel usage was 2.6L per lap.

But the other cars in race had no such problem and everything worked normally. Weird. There was AI cars in the race I am not sure if that can affect anything.