Unstable Build Releases

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

is torrent only way to download?

2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I'd love to participate, but this would mean I may not be able to play how or when I like or have time to? Will it be possible to have a second install on my computer or will this cause problems on how the software performs?

Meh, I should have probably read ALL the posts first. Never mind.

Do you guys keep your packages folder when making fresh installs with every build? You will have to install all the mods again, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  3. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, I always back up Packages and a couple of other folders and then do the fresh install...

Then replace the Packages with the backup. :)

4. Magus

Magus Registered

You can place your 'Package' folder anywhere on your PC & doesn't even have to be in the rf2 root folder. The top red highlight shows where you want the mod install to go (in this case I am directing it to the unstable install of rf2) and the highlight below tells the mod manager where to look for the package folder. I have it in my original rf2 folder, however as of next proper build I will be moving this to a completely different drive.

View attachment 10388

5. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thanks for the info guys. But you still have to install all the tracks and mods after a new install, right? Inside the mod manager, I mean.

6. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

im in thx :)

7. Magus

Magus Registered

Yes

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Build 339 improved framerates considerably. Silverstone driving alone from 60-70 fps to 90-100 fps. On the grid with AI's: from 30-40 fps to 60+ fps. And everything looks better, sharper.

Tire smoke looks really good, but I cannot create it with a burnout, it only appears when car slides in high speed (when loosing control etc). Also dust when driving off-track looks good.

So far nothing else to report actually :)

9. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

How does one go about installing this build? Do I need to uninstall my rf2 build 300? Or does this just create a second install of rfactor? There doesn't seem to be any instructions on how to set up this build, or uninstall it for that matter. Can someone post instructions, and certain things to take into consideration? Would help a lot.

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

You should create a second install, name it rFactor 2 unstable or something.

But you don't need two packages folder full of cars and tracks. In mod manager, you choose your old documents/rfactor 2/packages folder where you already have your content, to install to your new build also.

If you want to play build 300 again, I think you need to go to the advanced tab in the Launcher, and choose data path to the old "rfactor 2" folder, instead of the new "rfactor 2 unstable" folder.

11. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Fantastic info thank you for taking the time to post it!

12. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Ah tire smoke. Nice! I was going to ask but didn't want to seem greedy :p. Thanks for the info.

13. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Works pretty well and looks far better, this is the one I like most.

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

No you can use both launcher you just need to link the right folder with the exe you want start. When installing the unstable it will ask for a desktop shortcut, and if you have already one of the stable build it will replace it and the result is the launcher is just linked to the new install.

I have set a shortcut with the startparameters of the unstable manually on the desktop. Easy to do, just grab the exe from the install path of rf2 you want to link, right klick and send to desktop. Ready to use two diff builds.

15. Magus

Magus Registered

Just to add, the Launcher on Build 300 is 0.685 & the Launcher on the Unstable Build is 1.000.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

just tried 339:

I have fps drop (Howston at Loch Drummond), but still sufficient and smooth (I think avarage went from 90 to 70... almost everything maxed but shadows high and optimal, movies off, 1080p and HDR on, single screen)

dust effect looked really good and I think physics were better... at least g4_67 version was easier to handle ( felt it better)

I also think that replay fidelity was better (don't remember seeing much suspension movement before)

No problems during my short test. (only tested offline)

still had wheel disconnection problems also with this builds but it's quite random and doesn't happen too often.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There's a dedicated thread in the dedicated forum TIG, more chance of issues being noted there by ISI than in this thread.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

thanks, found it.

19. alepf

alepf Registered

Yo noto que mejora el rendimiento global. Gracias

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

tried b339, howstons at brianza in the rain:
    View attachment 10405

not noticed the sunshine through the spray before, very nice

i get frame drops when the dust kicks up, and the spray causes quite noticeable drops compared to 300

at Loch Drummond in the C6 the fps drops were marked for me, i havent seen the fps benefits others have in fact its worse.

it hasnt CTD at all, seems to 'run' fine

not an extensive test but just putting my experience out there.

Edit

Did a bit more and with the Arthur Merlin URD car at mills, loop b at 4pm clear skies and HDR on, mills clear profile. Got a weird flashing all round the circuit, like it was switching he HDR profile on and off repeatedly

Also had this at nords .97v

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.