NEED INFO Unstable 573

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 88mphTim, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hi folks,

Please make individual threads for each issue. Please focus on the specific issues from 494-515 if you can.

Don't hesitate to let us know about things you think/know we already know about (let the devs decide what they can/can't fix/alter now/later).

You can post screens from this build in public, mention it, etc, but please don't confuse people or share it with them directly (see below how to share it).

Feel welcome to test this with your league, but be aware of the confusion that might be caused using this as an official release. Do your league members know how to make fresh installs, etc, if this build caused issues with the next public release? Your league members would also need to be involved HERE and post issues HERE (through league admin if easier).

You should NOT share a link to it anywhere else. Send them to the Dev Corner and tell them to scroll down.
    Thanks,

Tim

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Going to try this out!

Tim, could you tell me what this means: "Added "+memstats" cmdline option to output memory usage file"?
    Is this something that makes rF2 use more than 4Gb of the installed memory? Would be nice :)

3. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Almost finished uploading :)

4. 88mphTim

Uploaded, downloaded it myself and was able to install from both links, so we're good to go. I'll have two servers up soon running 573.

5. 88mphTim

573 servers up.

I won't be around much tonight, but will try over the weekend. I had no internet one day this week so I am still catching up.

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Installing atm, I'll test online tonight :)

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Downloading... I'll join ISI servers first, report if I head into trouble, then I'll try to set up my own server with a simple car and track combo, then I'd see if I can get someone to join it... If they can, then success - at least for me :)

8. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Downloaded the Skip2000 mix vmod, just fine, had tracks and car beforehand... Joined and raced myself on Silverstone just fine...

Skin transfer did not work... And I have it enabled.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  9. rer8

rer8 Registered

I have completed a clean install of 573. Everything is greyed out... This is a new computer build and I was unable to get 4?? or 515 to function either. I get the Welcome Randy but nothing further. What do I need to do now? If it helps, AC seems to run just fine.

10. 88mphTim

I appreciate you wanting to help, but please don't test unstables if you do not understand basic functionality.
    http://rfactor.net/web/docs/all-options-in-launcher-grayed-out/

You need to activate rFactor 2 on that machine. Greyed out means it needs reactivating, this isn't an unstable or stable 'issue'. It's just something you need to do.

11. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

On a new computer you probably just need to reactivate. Open the launcher, click the purchase tab and click activate.

12. boxer

boxer Registered

Build looking good so far.

But I couldn't be a good user without complaining... in the (Tuning)garage one can no longer change the view of the car... also it now looks over exposed...:)

13. boxer

boxer Registered

never mind... it's just a different show room... all is good.

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I've done a couple of laps offline and online in the test server, without problems.

But there's still a lot of greyed out servers in the lobby. For example, my leauge SR4L has two servers and one of them is grey. Same goes for the IsR servers (I guess there's at least 10 of them), 50% are greyed out. However, when I start to click randomly on the IsR servers some of them becomes joinable after a while.

When I fire up build 382, all these servers has working join-buttons. With 573 maybe 60-70% is working and with 494 only 10%. So there's an improvement but still there's a lot greyed out?

15. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I don't think you can take much from that if they are servers running different builds, especially builds that had this problem. Ideal functionality between different builds shouldn't let you click to join with a client/server mismatch, though I guess it doesn't quite work like that just now as I too get join/mod buttons for some servers but not others running different versions. Some people won't realise they are trying to join a server running a different build and will just think something is broken. A field for build number in the server list would be great with it's own column to sort by and it would be really great if we could sort/search by lots more fields like cars/tracks included. We really need more info to be easily available in matchmaker, better organised and customisable.

16. 88mphTim

You can only join servers that are running the same build as you.

17. rer8

rer8 Registered

I did do a reactivation... sorry to miss advising of that point... will attempt another...
    Edit: I accomplished the another reactivation... thanks for the kind assistance, Tim... it works now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I had high ping, 500+ that might be the reason, I don't know...

I don't have the skin transfer port opened in my router, but wouldn't that only be a hurdle if I wanted to host a server and not when I am just a mere client?

19. 88mphTim

Skin transfer is disabled on our servers right now. If you want to test that you could do it on your own servers, if it helps.

20. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Came back from a night of poker to find a new unstable and I just couldn't resist giving it a first go, install went smooth as ever. I'm able to enter the ISI servers, vote for next track or next sesion and leave the game without it giving me a hard time to get back in so the join button bug isn't there (yet) because I remember it showing up more and more after a couple of days after release of the last build. There are 1 or 2 other servers on the MM running B573 but with those the join button remains greyed out but that might be down to other "problems" on the server side.
    Only thing for me is that I still have to completly remove my antivirus/firewall to be able to download the vmods, but thats a known issue and that's beeing looked at.
    So not much news so far.... gotta go to bed now nearly falling asleep, will do some more intensive testing tomorow! Thanks to all who prob. worked their asses of to get this build released, and lets hope that it's (another) step in the good direction.