Unstable 515 still experiencing greyed out join button

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Luke Dykstra, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Luke Dykstra

Luke Dykstra Registered

As the title says.
    Have downloaded 515 through ISR website, fresh separate install from original 494.
    If any more info is required let me know!

edit -

This happened when I clicked 'mod' to install from one of the ISI servers. The mod installed, pulled up the car selection screen. From there I went back to MM screen. From there on all join buttons were greyed out even if clicking refresh button.

Close rF2 and reopen seems to be working good. If I repeat above process I end up with the same result, but that's a pretty minor issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

@ISR

"By clicking I Agree below, you agree to not redistribute the “unstable build” released to you via Torrent only in any form (including linking of any other location to download than this page), in any other location. And you agree to download for the purpose of assisting us by means of testing and posting your findings in the appropriate location on the ISI forums only."

3. Luke Dykstra

Luke Dykstra Registered

I hope I'm not getting anyone in trouble. Based on previous posts I read in the build 494 thread I believe Tim was aware of this and was all for it, for testing purposes.

Sorry it wasn't Tim but sure they are aware of it

4. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I have made ​​available to our server,for make collective Test for our users our Site.
    I could not continue to receive personal message with the people who complained to me that all the servers were not working.
    For this reason I decided to open the server, and I have placed a link to download the Build.
    I will make the report in the section on unstable Build 515, the impressions of my users, if there are problems.
    I hope to please, to all those who want to test Build 515.
    The latest Build it were Unstable I've never posted on my site, because the previous Build functioned well.
    This was only for emergencies.

Babs

5. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

6. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Ok I did not read the terms of Unstable Build.
    Because I had been provided by a My Admin.
    I'm sorry I removed the link, and I put the link to the web page of the section Devs Corner

Babs

7. Luke Dykstra

Luke Dykstra Registered

Sorry for causing this stir up. Just wanted to help and post my findings.

For an update this no longer seems to be an issue and everything else appears working great for me.

8. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Do not worry Luke.
    The mistake was mine.
    You are welcome.

Babs:)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

So is the title of this thread actually correct?

10. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

I can confirm that the join button does sometimes stay greyed out for me too. Like OP said a restart of rF2 usualy solves the problem, have to say I only had it happened twice today.

11. 88mphTim

Does it happen joining 515 servers? You CAN'T join 494 servers, 382 servers, etc with 515. It should be greyed out for that. You are confirming no join (when the server is in a situation it should) with 515?

12. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I have only seen greyed out Join buttons when selecting a non-515 server.

13. cosimo

cosimo Registered

It happened just now. I got no response (so button greyed out) with a 515 server (~ISR~Megane League 2014).
    I waited at least 30 seconds and no button came up. Clicking on another server and going back to that one resulted in a Join button active again.
    Temporary glitch?

Now that I think about it, I have seen this AVL servers for which the Join button was always greyed out for me, even with 382.
    I am not sure why that's the case, maybe they filter incoming HTTP connections by IP/Network?

14. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

It happened to me trying to join the ISI server after a race on another server running B515, other times it will take up to a minute before the button lights up. But the few times it didn´t I left the MM run for at least 5 minutes before restarting rF2.

15. 88mphTim

Was the server in a joinable state, for sure?

16. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

yes sure...after restart of rf2 on my side all was fine, havent been able to recreate it and I tried to, it seems to be totally random and reasonably rare tbh. defenetly not a game stopper fix is quit clean and easy...just restart rf2.

17. Cheikhou Badji

Cheikhou Badji Registered

happened to me 2

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think what Tim was asking was, is the server currently in a joinable session when the button was grey?

19. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

sorry must have missunderstood....
    to awnser that question: yes the server was in a qualifying session so should have been joinable.

20. Armando

Armando Registered

Server Test515 - TC is not working right now. The MOD button does not appear.
    The client is connecting to http://192.3.207.235:64297/SessionInfo/, the server accepts the connection, but it closes the connection immediately, without sending back any data.
    The client repeats the connection continuously without success. The same happens trying to open the URL with a browser.

View attachment 11915 View attachment 11916