Unreliable result files

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hardtohandle, Dec 29, 2014.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

RF2 seems not to be able to record the results of a race correctly, all too often the result xml files are just wrong. Drivers excluded or in wrong position etc etc. It's been this way since the day I got the sim.

I assume it is just bugged and nothing can be done to obtain correct results? Although I know mysterious things can be done to make RF2 work better, like removing safety car etc. maybe these log files only get messed up when certain server settings are true?

It's a pretty elementary requirement, to record the results correctly. As far as I know, it has simply never worked, which is not very good! The results are correct in game, so there is no reason at all they cannot correctly be written out to xml :confused:.

2. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

how are you using the results?

3. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

On simresults.net, but simresults.net is not the problem I also looked at the original XML in notepad and the XML is wrong. Many drivers missing, drivers out of position. This is not an isolated incident this happens all the time.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We've been using the results files since rF2 came out and after an initial period where they left a lot to be desired they're now pretty good, especially for final results. Sometimes the lap counts go haywire in safety car periods but it ends up ok. Sounds like there's something particular about your races that's upsetting it, but I've got no idea what :)

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Result files on the client side can be unreliable due to bad ping or laggy moments of the client or other clients. Clients leaving the server before everybody finished etc...

Result files on the server are ok! Just make sure the server is advanced to a new session before exiting the dedicated.exe

Only once i had to fix a result file, because a driver spun on a sector marker and drive over it a few times. He had a missing lap.