Unlineair steering for some cars.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Timpie Claessens, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Hi

There seems to be an issue with some cars where they refuse to have the steering wheel in sync with my 900° G27.
    Some cars that are fine are the Clio, Corvette & F2.
    Some cars that don't do this are the F3.5 and Howstons.

And I can sort of live with the Howstons since its playfull and it's nice for sliding around, but for openwheelers like the FR3.5 it makes driving so much more difficult.
    When I turn my wheel 90° it only moves about 60°ish degree ingame which is very annoying. At full lock the FR3.5 only goes 180° to each side ingame while my G27 has to go all the way to 270°. So my wheel does a total of 540° (which is the number that the settings screen says) but the FR3.5s wheel only turns 360° in total. And I do believe the 360° is more correct since I now have to turn way past 90° in most corners which isn't normal in open wheelers (unless you're Ferrari :p )

Is there any reason for this or is this WAD? It doesn't make a difference wether the Logitech Profiler app is on or off (and I usually don't use it)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  2. Timpie Claessens

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I could give you advice but since you're an idiot who manages to get banned from the loosest sim racing forum on the entire internet, NO.

4. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

5. Timpie Claessens

Better that then the guy who everyone hates because all that comes out of him is nonsense and bull****... Yes.

Tim, could you perhaps ask about this to one of the devs responsible for controllers etc? :)

6. Timpie Claessens

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013