UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geg

geg Registered

+100000

2. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The costs are shown on our campaign page at http://igg.me/p/291550/x/331565

We are developing our own title as it is, maybe you didn't hear the news of it, so we're not interested at developing more titles at the current time. Lets not confuse the two. This software is intended to help grow the modding community in several areas.

1) It will help artists to sell their artistic content and earn some money for it. Artists spend hundreds to thousands of hours working on content and up to now its all been for free. Many will continue to do that and will be supported by our software if they wish to be, but many artists and modders have quit because its no longer feasible to make free things. This gives them the ability to earn some money and get exposure which could land them a job in the future.

2) It will help the community to have one base for most of their modding desires. An easy to use interface to download purchased and free mods, install them and play them easily. It will bring easier customization abilities where you won't have to worry so much about coding but just adding the info needed and the software does the rest for you.

3) It will help the developers with more people buying their games. Some gamers may prefer one game over another, but a product that is released for the game they don't like might make them buy that game just for that product. This in turn helps the developer of that game.

The objective is to help the developers, the artists and the community. MAK-Corp is not going to get rich out of this. We're giving an unprecedented 75% of all sales to the artists. The remaining 25% goes towards paypal fee's and server costs as well as any in-house development costs including our game. No other online asset selling website gives that much % from the get go.

The games themselves won't be in the software, you will still have to purchase rf, rf2 and any other game from the developer websites and/or their game builds as you would now. The software will however promote the various games and link back to the game websites.

I know it sounds too good to be true, that a developer of such a software is actually thinking for the benefit of developers, artists etc, but that is my desire, to help and see this community grow. I ain't perfect, but I rather try and fail then not try at all.

It takes many people to be negative and put something like this down. It takes just one person to be positive and strive for it to show everyone else that it can be a great thing. Unlike SRW, we have been clear about our software and what it plans to do, we are not using other people's work without them having pre-agreed to have their work in the software. Anyone is free to submit work.

What's the harm in giving it a try? It could turn out to become the best thing this community has seen. I'm willing to take that risk and try to achieve it and help the very people who bring such content for all of us to enjoy.

3. johnconner

johnconner Registered

You can count on me if it takes of, I will be there and yes modelers spend a long time just to make one car and they have to be allot better graphics now than the older sims and you are right if i could gain some financial support to make a car from scratch or to know i might get something back in the end would give incentive to me and others to start making 3dscars.

PS petros its time for you to show the simworld that you can create, modify, reproduce and distribute the best sim cars and tracks you know you can do it good look.

4. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Thanks for the support John, its only by uniting and helping one another that we can grow together and see this community grow further. I love this community, its been my life since 1999, I can't think of anywhere else I rather be, anything else I'd rather do. I also hope it takes off and we can bring great content for all of you to enjoy! :D

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The software will be a standalone software. It will require to be running and logged in so you can play the mods but it won't take bandwidth or a lot of resource usage. The login feature is to verify your account and to have the encryption system work. What you buy will be yours, and what we will guarantee in the terms and conditions when registering is that should the software ever be closed, we will make it so that all those who have purchased will be able to acquire the files and not lose them simply because we decided to close the system, though we don't have any intention of closing the system, rather, expanding it with future games as more and more games come out over the years.

The requirement to be logged in is for the decryption and encryption system. This will read through a database to verify your account. We will also have a support center so if by any accident you are locked out of your account, you can contact us via the support center or our forums and we will get you back in as soon as possible as long as the software doesn't report any breach of actions.

Everything has bugs so I can't guarantee that a legitimate user will not be blocked by accident, but we will ensure that it is next to no chance of happening unless the user is trying to perform a questionable action which would normally be considered as trying to get around the system.

But as I said, what you buy will be owned by you. If we ever close this service down, we will make an exe that allows you to continue to use the software and the products you purchased without having to worry about losing anything. This is something we have spoken in length with the programmers who'll be programming this and they assure us that it is all doable. :)

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

John youre right, it shouldnt be the ubisoft way thats for sure.
    The is to make it more easy to for us to control it and easy for you to check overall what is new, updates and installing the content itself. We should adjust it to the customers needs where is needed and once you buy something you keep it.

7. johnconner

johnconner Registered

It is a good way to police mods and if we clean up all the rips from other games and i mean all of them because the 3dscars they use are better quality and value than a backstreet modeler or newbie, change the rules also so even if a game is 10 years old it still can not be used even if its a PS3 game like f12006 then i think we can all go to the next level.

will the system be a web based app or a download?

will there be lots of payment options ie: paypal, direct deposit, debit/credit card , because i guess an Austin metro would be maybe a few dollars but a FXX would go for more.

8. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

@johnconner: The software will be a download, however it will run through a combination of software and server database code.

Payment options right now that we have looked at are paypal, debit/credit card via paypal (can be used if you don't have or want a paypal account).

We will also look at other options like moneybookers and direct deposit depending on country. Different countries will have different payment options available to them. We can't accept bank transfer from international buyers as the fee's are too high and neither the buyer nor we would want to bear the burden of those fee's. We will evaluate more on payments further down the road as well as bring the subject up with the community to see what payment methods everyone is using, what payment methods they would like to be implemented, and then we'll see which ones other then the ones I said above can be implemented. :)

9. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Are you for real? How the f#@k do you propose to do that. Get rid of every ripped mod that is available now, going back 10 years.

Some how I,m beginning to think that this is all going to end up a pipedream of someones.

Just take HudsonKerrs skys for example, how long did that last before it became " available to all"

I said before I wish you luck, but statements like these arent going to help you much.

I,d much rather pay another 50 bucks a year over and above the original game cost for a 1 or 2 track and car update for RF2 from ISI.
    At least I know the game will operate properly and that they wouldve put in the development to each update let alone the addon cars and tracks.

10. FatCity

FatCity Registered

just for interests sake, who will supply the warranty as such or who will guarantee that all the mods made by numerous mod makers will work in conjunction with each other and not interfere with the running of 2. the game and b. another mod.

If I buy one mod one week and then 3 weeks later I buy another mod from a different maker and this 2nd mod interfers with the use of the 1st mod, who do I go to to either get support to fix the mod or get my money back if I,m not happy.

I,m just asking a question, I am not putting down your idea or trying to stop modders from making money.
    But in this day and age, people expect what they buy to work.
    Can you guarantee that it will ?

11. UnitedRacingDesign

@FatCity do you actually know that some rfactor content is done by modders itself working for ISI?
    It was in rf1 and it is in rf2.
    Here and there ISI hires modders to.
    It doesnt need to be directly from ISI if i offer you some content and it can still be good.
    Check some facts and you will see the modders have fullfill ussers wishes more in past than every game developer if we look what content was offered.
    It doesnt mather who offers you content, what it mathers is that if you pay for sure it should be done in right way and quality.
    We have the standarts, we were parts of game developers for few years now and not just modding you know.
    We allready did living out of this, not directly as MODs being sold to the ussers but we were allready parts of game dev.

For the ripped content, well it cant be stoped anymore, so many games have it allready and there will allways be people ripping more and more if they can. Some tools are available to easy and support even some games that it just shouldnt. There is no way going back from this but we do own the rights for each own content we offer. Once you buy something from us, you are signing a contracts right away. It works same whit the game when you buy it or what ever, you are obligated to watch for youre stuff. But there will be allways some sharing or rippings, probalby even our stuff but we have to try to control it somehow.

12. johnconner

johnconner Registered

This is an issue in rf2 that 1 mod can basically render the other useless like i downloaded the mclaren mp4/4 and this stopped the F1 BMW from loading. i could have 1 or the other but not both but at a guess all parts gmt's and textures engine files gen files ect must not be named the same as the other mod then they will work together. not like rf1 were you can have multiple cars in 1 mod sharing files or file names.

13. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hi mate. Perfectly valid question. We will check every mod before it goes live to public. We will have a standard that those submitting will have to follow. When we test the mod it will be tested on a computer that has all compatible games and all products installed so we can see if anything is conflicting. If there is a case of conflict, then we will ask the submitter to correct it along with letting them know the full details of what it is conflicting with.

In cases where the mod may be conflicting with other mods which are not available in the software and are acquired from other sites, then you will be able to contact us via our forums and let us know which mod it is conflicting with. We will then download that mod, install it on the test comp and see what parts are conflicting.

There will also be a report system where artists and developers alike will be able to report any mod or asset that they feel is ripped work from their own products. Upon receiving such a report we will work with the person reporting the mod to investigate the reported content and according to the decision that is made in the end, we will either leave it there (if the report was a mistake and the asset is not ripped) or if it is ripped content, we will remove it immediately.

It is also why artists will not begin being paid until 30 days have passed with their product on our system with no report. Once 30 days have passed from release, then the artist will begin receiving the payments for any sold copies of their product.

We have thoroughly sat down and thought about every aspect but it is good that you guys are asking these questions. It gives us the ability to detail all our plans for every area you all are concerned about and it also allows us to see any questions we may not have thought of and to discuss those before giving a public statement.

We want to protect artists and developers work so we will be very strict on people trying to rip content. Ripping or using ripped content or having any involvement with ripped content will see your account banned permanently regardless of your purchases. If people want to play F1 2012, buy Codemasters F1 2012, don't download an rf1/rf2 ripped conversion. If people want to play NFS Shift or pCARS, buy those games, don't download mods with ripped content from those games.

We want to discourage the use of ripped content. A lot of mod groups are willing to collaborate with other groups or share content. The only thing they ask from the person wanting to use the content is to have the common decency to ask for permission. It only takes an email and it shows your morals and respect to the original authors.

But like I said, we will have our forum and the aim is to have a great customer support where we constantly work to fix bugs, bring quality above quantity, and give you all a system that you can enjoy. I'm not saying it will be perfect from the get go, but with the communities feedback, we want to make it as perfect as humanly possible. :)

14. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

The idea of modders making money is good. However I just cant see myself installing steam-like software that prevents me from using mods(even free mods downloaded though your system) if my internet, or your server is down.

I imagine you would have the right to shut the service down if it stops making you money, thereby rendering any purchased or free mods unusable.

Wouldnt it be better to license the engine from ISI and do your own game, instead of forcing this on the rF2 community.

15. UnitedRacingDesign

This should be sorted out actually. The software shouldnt do any problem to any other mods you will have installed. It will control only our stuff. It should be playable whit no internet offcourse or if servers are down.

16. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

You probably didn't read my earlier posts.

If we ever shut down the service, we will release an offline exe to allow people to continue enjoying their purchased products.

pCARS requires you to login to an account before you can play and be on the net and the community funded them over 2.3 million euro. Didn't seem to bother those people who donated to that project.

We are developing our title World Racing Simulation as has been shown online. We just don't want to do any community funding with it until we determine how things will shape up with our interested investors.

I will talk to my programmers in regards to an offline version capable of running if servers are down. I have just thought of a theory which might work. I'll get back to you on that.

17. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Having just finished speaking with our programmers, it is possible for us to develop the software so that you can still enjoy the mods when the server is offline. I can't give out the full details for security purposes but there is a method which we will use that will allow you to run the software under offline mode and continue to enjoy the mods. :D

18. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

I was talking about the content they are selling through our software. We can't and won't be policing what external software they have. But we will also not help any user who is reporting a conflict between one of our products and a mod that was acquired from the net that is ripped from a game.

What goes on our system is what we're monitoring and policing.

19. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Now someone is making sense :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  20. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

well as proven by your announcements of previous years that you havnt followed thru with or cancelled...you tend to be full of s***...and yes i am negative about this...but mainly because your involved in it...and if you dont want negative comments aswell as good ones simply post it at your own forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.