UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Templates will be free on our website to download.

Hah, Petros was quicker. :D

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

I would also consider paying a small fee for a very high quality mod - cars or tracks. 5-10e max, though.

3. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

I would pay almost any price for a 1997 Audi RS4 Avant, with a realistic TipTronic and a well done Nordschleife.

Now it's your turn ;)

4. UnitedRacingDesign

Sounds good actually. But a wishlist will be added shortly whit polls so the whole community will decide what it needs. A single car wish and if others dont need it, its pointless actually.

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

After having spoken to our programmers we will be developing an independent software which will be similar to steam but more optimized. It will allow people to download and install the software, register, and purchase mods through the software. You will also have the ability to trial mods for a specific time limit before choosing to purchase or not.

The files will be encrypted within the software and will run the game in a specific way with some specific plugins so that it reads the purchased cars/tracks/mods. We will also develop it further to include more features in the future.

The software will cost a little bit to develop so we will be starting a cloud funding project on either Kickstarter or Indiegogo. Those who donate will be given vouchers and perks once the software is released. We will let you all know when the funding project is up.

6. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

How will ensure a high quality graphics and especially physical in relation to a request for mass?

I imagine that the physics of the cars will be your invention and not based on real parameters, right?

7. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

On licensed cars we will try to acquire as much real life data as possible. Whether it be from racing teams (if the car is a racing car), or from the manufacturer's (if its a standard road car). For cars which are of our own design, they are our design so we will invent our own physics in the way we think they should feel. We will then see what the feedback is from those who trial the product and from those who purchase it and update accordingly.

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

This is all so exciting. I had mentioned this type of model in one of my threads and I'm glad it's really happening!

From 157 poll voters, 82% agreed with it ;)

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

That's the thing. They can't be brands that are trademarked. They will be unlicensed (almost cars) like LFS has. ;)

10. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Unless the developer gets a license for the car. MAK-Corp will be acting as the publisher for the artists while also developing some of our own stuff too. So if a developer gets the licenses, then they will be able to use the real brand names. Another way we could go about it is, if there is a car that is wanted by many in the community, we can find out the licensing costs and relay that to the community, and if the community wants, we can develop a cloud funding project on kickstarter or indiegogo to raise the funds with the communities help for that specific car. Those who donate would get the car for free while those who don't can purchase it once it is out.

We are thinking on a lot of methods where we can also involve the community and bridge the gap between developers and manufacturers bringing more content to the end user and more clients to the manufacturers.

This would also be ideal for the developers of games these packages would be made for. Some developers cannot afford to pay licensing costs for so much content, but with this method, the community can become involved and more content can be officially brought in through a third party publisher which will in turn make your favorite games have more of the content you want, and help those games acquire more lifetime and community support. In all, everyone benefits from this.

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I understand Petros. I'm just very skeptical since the rF days. Most modders didn't unlock the full potential of ISI's physics engine and tire model. rF2's tire model makes the old tire model look like kindergarten math. So I do believe it's going to take some time for modders to even half understand this new tire model. :)

1 person likes this.
  12. UnitedRacingDesign

We have good support on that I can ensure you :D Our tires for the T5 series are actually done.

13. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Oh yes I understand you and agree with you entirely. This is where us being the publisher comes into it. We will provide various services to help the mod groups that don't know as much as we do in those areas. And of course I have no doubt we will be helped by those who know more then us in various areas. We will ensure the products added to the shop are of a quality standard we and the community desires.

Having said that, bear in mind that with the trial system and the community feedback, we will expect the developers to update their products to fix issues addressed by the community, or at least allow us to do so on behalf of that developer.

Having spoken in depth with the developers and artists who have already agreed to be a part of this, I am happy to say that so far, none of them have disagreed on the quality standards we need to aim at and all of them are agreed to work towards that quality standard and to listen to the community and act accordingly.

Of course we won't be able to please everyone, and we have to also weigh in the community feedback to determine if it is in fact logical feedback of things we should address, as well as the accuracy of the feedback.

The main aim is to keep an open dialogue with the community so we can ensure all the products remain at the level the community desires.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

I actually never raced cars becase of the brand or the trademark. I raced them becase they were great to drive, good looking and hadd speed ;D I hope you know what im trying to say here. We have our own brands which can look,sound and be drivable really awesome.

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You would be the first ever if you do that. :p

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

A lot of sim racers need to have that exact brand car they just watched on tv. That's just what is the trend with alot of them, not all though. :)

17. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

+1, license isn't so important... :)

...unless we are talking about real cars. Emotional reaction when you see Ferrari on the street is something normal, no matter how old or ugly is that car. :D

18. UnitedRacingDesign

Well I will point out this way. You can take our mods, download our templates and you can put what ever brand you want on it or there are allways enough people around community who will be for sure do that to. I have even seen games lately where people made better textures to the brands included. But we will sell only our brands and/or licensed cars ;D

19. johnconner

johnconner Registered

so your going to do what simbin or SRW did to rf1 and soon rf2 RRE? or just hijacking the rf2 system and making it for yourself i think only isi should make money from there own software to pay for a mod is outwresting.

20. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

orly...and i thought you guys were being serious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.