United Sim Racers- Season 1 finale- Le Mans 1 hour race- fill the grid!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Apr 14, 2014.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have to practice so hope you guys will get in the meanwhile :)

There are already 15 of us so don't give up hope!

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Restarting router not helping me. I`ll keep restarting rF2 and trying for next 30 minutes.

3. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Same as Nibo.
    If I cannot get in in 30 minutes, have fun and see you at the next race.

4. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Yeah I am fresh out of ideas now.

I just forced my router to give me a new different address from last time, still nothing. I do not think I can make it guys, so sick. I prepared for this race more than any before and the 24 hours light cycle is gonna be cool, have fun. I'm gonna join Wheatleys league now and I'm gonna savagely take him out T1 heheh

5. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

feeling stupid here, getting "Server connection falied" every time.
    3 more attempts and I give up. Damn.

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Immediately after the ....* "I'm upset" ingame server chat message from holley during the running race my rF2 closed without any comment to the matchmaker screen :mad:. No CDT no Server connection failed message :mad: !
    Has anyone else made some similar experience with this rF2 behavior ??

this sucks really !

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m glad that I was finally able to join. Don`t know why, but after an hour of being greyed out, join button started to work.
    Race was very good. But lighting at dawn and dusk is awfull, can not see anything. Grats to top 3.

8. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ok that sucks alpha :(

God I feel bad for everyone who tried but could not race. Hope ISI starts fixing these things :(

Afterall an awsome race I am glad I didn't miss!

9. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Shame some had problems joining etc. /:

Great driving with you guys, clean driving in the pack I found myself after the start, really enjoyed that :) Unfortunately I made countless of small and not so small errors, was pleased with my speed in general.
    Happy I didn't take someone with me, the one time I totally ****ed up the first chicane on the straight.

Highest priority was finishing the race and in that i succeeded ;)

thanks to the host, very good communication ahead of the event

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I feel really bad for those who didn't get in or couldn't finish the race :(

Night/day transition worked great and the race was exiting. Night racing was kinda scary :D I felt pressure the whole race but mainly I kept my nerves. Really decent results for me after a bit dissapointing quali.

Interest towards this event was huge. Thanks everybody, you made it possible!

Results and updated standings will come shortly!

-Matt

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I was lucky to be in without problems.

Thanks for hosting. Had great battle with KK.

DJC

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Great race at a great track, thank you :)

13. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

had a blast racing today thanks for talking me back into it Matt. ;) Thanks for hosting and solid racing all around wish I could had some longer battling but Ill take 4th with a smile :D

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thanks for the congratulations, and for the trophy! ;)

Although I had no exciting battle during the race, it was awesome. KeiKei put some pressure on me the first laps but then disappeared. Thanks to all who showed up for the race, thanks to J-holley for hosting and to Matt for organising this league. I've had fun. I'm sure this finale could have been more exciting for me if Kane been able to participate in all events, and if Robert had practiced a little for these final races.

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Btw, on lap 10 or so, my game froze for a few seconds with a black screen and a crash as result... Then it reappeared and I could continue. No damage and only ~10 seconds lost :eek: I'm not sure what it was but I had a crash report from firefox afterwards, but I restarted computer just before I entered the server so I had not even used it. Very strange. I'm glad I could continue.

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Did yesterday some additional tests and the same thing happend after I joined a F1RFT Server so it must be something on my side.
    Did a cleanup of my installed mods and a file verification of the installed build because of some errors of misssing components in the log files.
    Hope this is now solved ^-^

Congratulations to Rikard our fastest (Alien) :D

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Updated standings because I forgot Paul Ceglia and c.pucher, sorry guys :D http://usr.simresults.net/results-and-point-standings/

27 different drivers visited our races and about 12 raced at least 50% of the races. Pretty good I think :)

I try to make a recap video when I have time. I'm not an editor so if somebody else knows better how to make it then I would be glad :)

19. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks fellow racers for hard racing and Matt for organizing, it was much fun! My race briefly:

Was pretty happy with qualifying laps. Maybe there was room to improve a second but for sure no business for Rikard's time. All his three fast laps would have been P1 so it was total domination. :) Was quite certain there would be no match for him at race either...

My first gear was bit too long so was worried about start. No wonder got quite poor start and Bouillabaise was able to pass me to the chicane. Looked like David had to ease off behind so hopefully didn't cause too much trouble for guys on the same lane behind.

Plan for race was to keep close to Rikard right from the start so that I could take advantage of draft and hence be able to follow and try to put some pressure on him. Was able to overtake Bouillabaise on the first long straight but Rikard was already too far. For few laps tried to push hard but he was still few tenths faster here and there so basically couldn't keep up with him. Gap was increasing a second or two per lap.

Gap to David was also increasing slowly so at that point I was pretty confident I could control my pace and secure second place. I knew I'd lose some speed during night-time but gap to David was already 5 seconds so thought it wouldn't matter. But then faith had something to say and started to miss gears. In no time guys behind were sniffing my arse and started to put pressure. Couldn't understand what was going on and just thought I was not using clutch properly and/or gearbox had been damaged. Tried to focus on shifting and it seemed like situation was improving. But then it happened again. And again. It's crazy how much time you lose at long straights when missed a gear for a second or so. Slowly but surely that alien machine was fading away and this little annoying fragile human started to reveal it's ugly head! :) "Hush!" I yelled but it was too late as had already started to sweat like a pig.

On the other hand all of a sudden racing got very exciting! We were fighting like hell with David passing each others at long straights and in the meantime Patrik was able to catch us. Finally made a mistake and lost rear at sweepers near end of the lap but luckily David followed me out of track. :) Can't blame him, it was very difficult to "feel" the car and know exact position in track at night because of so limited vision (many places with no reference point at "horizon"). And when you're following someone so close it gets 5x harder! Patrik slipped past and David and I lost our places.

For few laps was able to put hard pressure on Patrik. Especially at sweepers I was shining but on the other hand was struggling the first part of the track where hard brakings were. Didn't recognize the problem during racing but afterwards believe had braking balance too much to the rear and also probably too low tire pressure as those fatties started to get way too hot! Finally made second mistake and spinned out at sweepers. David went by but managed to catch him moments later. On last lap was preparing to try to pass him at first long straight but got too greedy and fell off from kerb ending up touching guardrails. Also Paul went by and had no chance but to satisfy on 5th place.

Anyways congrats to podium and everybody else! Very good, clean and fair racing. Rikard of course was phenomenal. No doubt who was the champ. :)

What comes to missing gears it seems it wasn't the sim/gearbox after all. Did some googling and there are others having problems with this Fanatec SQ Shifter. Also tested today with Fanatec software and was able to end up in a situation where gear stick was on 1st gear (using it in H-shifter mode) but software didn't show a gear selected. Had similar results with rF2 controller config page few days before but back then thought it's just some bug in rF2 software - I mean randomly missing gears because gearbox damaged and not resetted itself yet at pits). Disassembled it and tightened few loose screws from hall sensor board so hopefully it's fixed now (it has this clever design where front/back position is defined by micro-switches and left-right position by Hall effect sensors). Anyways also defined paddles/sequential buttons so next time I'll have a backup gearing system! :p

20. argo0

argo0 Registered

I get this as well from time to time, but no crash report from Firefox. Its very annoying. I sympathise.