United Sim Racers- Season 1 finale- Le Mans 1 hour race- fill the grid!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Apr 14, 2014.

1. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Hey :)

Managed a 4:09.9XX with the G4 69 (no wider rear tires) yesterday, was pretty happy with the lap :) don't know if there is much room for improvement on my side

Just a question regarding the last corner/chicane. Whats the guideline going through the corner? Two tires on the tarmac?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  2. Bouillabaise

Bouillabaise Registered

About this, any difference with the wide rear tires (Handling and laptime) ?

3. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I guess two tires on the tarmac/"track limit white line" should be the rule for every corner.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Exactly like this.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Did 4.12.7 with g4 69 (no wide rear tyres). I guess 4:10 might be possible with perfect lap :p We'll see.

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

You guys forgot to mention how much fuel you carried when you did those laptimes :D There's at least 3-4 seconds per lap quali vs race fuel for me :p

Atm, it looks like I'll be able to join the race.

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Possibly the fastest driver in rF2, KK should give Hedlund_90 a good run for the money.

I've only tried wide tyres, are you finding normal tyres faster?

8. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Did a 4:06 with the wide tire version, still wont be enough to beat the alien brothers, lol

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Cmon I just want to finish, to secure my 1st place in the championship. Winning doesn't matter at all :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have only tried the wide rear tires too.. Better traction. Can't imagine that the normal tires would be faster but maybe they are faster on the straights (?)

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks, very flattering! :) But fastest is such a strong word. Sorry to let you guys down but there's no way I can challenge Hedlunds this time. Speed doesn't come without hard work and lots of practicing. And I'm not very familiarized with this track and car. Besides those two Swedish b****rds are usually fast as hell when riding anything even slightly historic! :p Also few months ago started to use realistic car specific steering ratios which I think made me tad slower but on the other hand it's so much more fun. BTW it seems Howstons are one of those cars where my steering wheel ratio doesn't match virtual steering wheel movement and steering is also soooo slow that it just can't be right. Anyone else suffered from this? What I have to do is to untick "use vehicle steering ratio" (or something like that) and then find the right steering ratio value by trial and error comparing virtual and real steering wheel movements.

So I'll try to not ruin others races by racing relatively safe. I'm not tuned into these vehicles so it's too easy to make stupid mistakes and possibly ruin others fights for championship places. Anyway 22 cars participating... if we manage to do a clean start then I believe it will be magnificent race! :) Really looking forward to it.

11. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I am WAY off pace with the G4 wide tire I have hardly any practice with this car and track as well, I am to competitive and when I see times like 4:03 and 4:06's, that is where I want to be so for the sake of not destroying someone else race I have to pull myself out this time around. I have no time to practice today or tomorrow so Ill be a moving traffic cone on sunday!

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I urge you to reconsider. I know that you are a classy driver and you won't need much pratice to keep up with most. Everyone can't be on top and we need good fight also in mid-pack.

Fight for championship top 3 is pretty much over so for most of us this will be an one off event, of course high stakes for glory but nothing too serious. Come to official practice and see what you pace is there and decide after that if you start the race or not. Race is long and it's not about one lap speed.

So please, fill the grid as the header says :)

-Matt

13. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

ok ok you got me ;)

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Btw, what's the point system for this final race? Double points? 80? 100? More points for G6 65 users?

I'm leading 409 points (+5 for most wins this season I guess) vs Robert's 318. If you want to have any kind of thrill in this final race you'll need to give the winner 100 points (too generous?). Then I'll at least feel the pressure that I must not retire. And Robert must win the race.

15. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yeah I'm way off pace too and it sucks! :) Did some lapping yesterday and was able to do quite consistently something like 4:11 ... 4:13 with full fuel load.

But I guess we just need to put our silly egos aside and enjoy driving/racing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  16. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Hi all, I'm afraid I have to sign off from this race. I am moving to a new house next week and I must pack things this weekend and have no time for racing. If I would race it would be without any practice and that would be a shame with this great track and car combination.

Good luck!

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sorry to hear that mauser :(

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I hope I will find someone to replace you with such a short notice :s I don't know if you read earlier post but I'm sure you'll do just fine with only official pratice as you know this track and car. Would be shame to lose a chance to fight with you for good championship position.

Guys, tell your friends we have one seat left! (in case Mauser doesn't change his mind ;) )

-Matt

Ps. I will update the points system for this race soon.

19. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ok I just discussed here. I will pack my rig stuff after sunday. I was planning today or tomorrow. If you're OK with no practice I am happy to be there. I just felt awkward to be there if anyone else is screaming to be part of it with a lot of practice..

20. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

So, did a 4:10.6XX (+/- 0.1 not quite sure) with g4 69 (wider rear tires) two or three laps into a 130 l tank. With full tank a low 4:09 could be possible for me. At night laptimes drop about one second.
    Afternoon before the trackside lights go on is just terrible :D

Sooo looking forward to this race :)