'Unique Vehicle Check' ... will it be implemented ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MS7XWDC, Oct 22, 2011.

1. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

in rF1, you could have 24 Ferraris Online ... will this feature to limit cars work in rF2 ?

thx

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Could be done as an option, but most leagues would want everyone to have equal cars, no? :)

It isn't there now. But if it's something you guys really want, you'll need to speak up on it.

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

The leagues I raced in used either a mod with equal cars, or in f1 series made an own mod in which every car had the same physics (and still using all the different models). So that shouldn't be the problem I think (don't know for sure, I raced in a league, I didn't run it :p ). And then for (public) server it would be nice to have a pretty diverse field, not only 24 cars of ferrari for instance, but having (almost) all teams on track.

But as goes for most stuff, some people would probably disagree, in which case it might be nice to have it as an option to the server host ;)

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Seems to me enabling that option in an open server will lead to fights unless everyone agrees to it ('hey, I had that car, give it back...'), while in a league people are in teams anyway, so they just use the correct car (in situations where the physics are different, as in ours). Probably no reason not to have the option, but if it's missing it's probably not a huge omission.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

It's a useful addition. I like big fields and when I'm driving against the AI, I don't want to see duplicates. Looks bad in replays and pics, too.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

When you're driving the AI, as long as you do not exceed the models available, you should not see it. That is more of a mod issue when offline. No? The online point is valid though I think. Or am I missing something? :)

7. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

By default, when you select a car and drive offline, rFactor will select the same car (or at least class) for AI drivers - but that can be freely changed in "opponents" menu before starting a session. Perhaps Emery didn't know that.

8. Emery

Emery Registered

@Tim - Hmm, I've had the unique cars turned on with the server for so long that I'm not sure. We often have a few friends join and throw in 5-15 AI to fill out the field.

[not relevant, but it really highlights the difference between how the AI drive compared to humans]

9. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

i think there's a misunderstanding. i was under the impression the the UVC would prevent [using F1 for an example] more than 1 of any given .veh file [the physics of the mod can be the same for all cars, or varying - depending on the given mod]

Number=07
    Team="Scuderia Ferrari"
    PitGroup="Group4"
    Driver="Felipe Massa"
    Description="07: Felipe Massa"
    Engine="Ferrari 056"
    Manufacturer="Ferrari"
    Classes="F1R2010"

so that there will only be this Ferrari and Alonso's car

10. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Yep, we run LE edition mods and use the UVC on our pw'd server as everyone picks one car for the season.
    Doesn't much matter anymore since rF2 server specs won't allow for very many home servers.

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

As for single player against AIs, I'd like to set exactly the race participants.

For instance, I have a multiclass mod with LMP1 + LMP2 + GT2 + GT1, I don't want to have the number of classes simply divide by 4. I'd like to see 2 Peugeots 908, 2 Audis R10, 2 Corvettes and so on... setting the grid exactly as I want.

There's nothing I can do to control this, the only feature we have is to pick up the opponents classes in pre-load screen. If it were be possible even in a TXT file, it would be nice.

12. John DiFool

John DiFool Registered

Yes there is, make your own custom class by adding the class name in the .VEH file to the "Classes=" line, separated by a space. Yes it involves a little work, but afterwards you can run with precisely the amount and kind of cars that you want.

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

True, but that procedure is a bit annoying.:)

14. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

Unique Vehicle Check="0" // server setting, will check client vehicles to deny duplicates of the same vehicle

this is only a Server Related / Online feature

it doesn't seem to function online

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I would like to see also car mark. It missing in rF1 a lot. There is no possibility to identify car mark other way than assign veh files to car dictionary.

16. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

what is a car mark?

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It's model name. For example: F550, DBR9 etc