Unequal Multiview?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by dero, May 1, 2018.

1. Super7

Super7 Registered

What a great find! I'm just about to upgrade my monitor with a view to going back to triple screens and want to go Ultra Wide for the centre monitor with Wide only for the side monitors. My only question is, in forcing the game to higher resolution side monitors than you have a) does the game framerate suffer and b) does the graphics card try to render the higher resolution and lose performance? I have The GTX1060/6Gb card.

Any help much appreciated!

2. Javierodelpiero

Javierodelpiero Registered

a) my framerate still high but I am running RTX 2080
    b) how can I know that?

I can tell you this, I use the same trick with AC, the right side menu is gone off the screen...

3. Super7

Super7 Registered

Thanks for sharing your experience Javierodelpiero.
    Interesting that you're not getting frame-rate issues, I'll upgrade to 2080 if I do!

On point b), that's a tricky one, and good point you make. I've order an MSI 34" UW screen and 2 x MSI 27" wide-screens now and will do some bench-marking when I get it all hooked up. I suspect that the method you are using fools rF2 into what you have connected so that it puts the monitor breaks where we want them, but the nVidia gfx card will probably be more clever- as its will know exactly what monitors are connected, and I think will render what is needed to them. Hence, no performance loss is likely.

But lets try and prove it.

Will post my results when I can.

Happy racing!

4. Flerbizky

Flerbizky Registered

I'm in the exact same boat (27-34-27 @1080p).

Following with interest - and thank you!