Unable to Serve Penalty - Online and Off

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by lopsided, Sep 1, 2012.

1. lopsided

lopsided Registered

After receiving a stop/go penalty for a false start I tried to serve the penalty but was unable.
    At times the option will appear at the top of my pit menu but it either disappears quickly/suddenly, or simply shows n/a.
    I've tried multiple methods: requesting pit, not requesting pit (simply going in on my own), bringing up the pit menu, not bringing it up.
    If it's operator error, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong so some input would still be helpful.

2. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I just gave this a test as I decided I needed to learn how to request wet tires at least!

Drive thru penalty: do nothing regarding pitstop request, just drive straight thru the pits observing the max speed limit.
    Stop/go penalty: request pitstop. Make sure at the top of the pitstop menu it says "yes" to serve the penalty, change everything else (fuel to 0 litres, tires nochange, don't change tire pressure) if you just want to do the penalty without your crew doing anything to the car. Drive into the pits and stop in your box. The timer should count down your penalty.

Checked this at portugal, all worked fine. Checked it at Croft all worked fine except when you came out the pits you were a whole extra lap behind! It doesn't count the lap if you enter the pits at croft. So it may just be the track you are using may exhibit a bug.

3. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Hi Murtaya, Don't know why but it never occurred to me that it might be a bug related to specific tracks. It has been happening on Putnam and Mid-Ohio. Think I'll test it on the tracks you mention to verify. Thanks for the input.

4. Sir Stumpy

Sir Stumpy Registered

This happened to me yesterday on Fuji. Received a stop go which I took after 2 laps, served the whole penalty but as I drove out the pits, noticed I had the pit in logo again, switching the penality screen on I now had 2 outstanding penalties! - another stop go and a drive through. i stopped the following lap and the stop go penalty dissapered, next lap was race finish so i never did the drive through.

5. Sir Stumpy

Sir Stumpy Registered

I have just recreated what i mentioned in the post above.

It seems that on Fuji, at least the one instance of me 'cutting track' resulted in 2 stop go penalities. I had automatic pit lane on which caused me to speed in the pits(!) resulting in the mystery stop go penalty above.

So in total the 3 penalties i received, I earnt only one. I dont know how the logic for the penalty system works - if its on a track by track or central rf2 code) but that was my findings. I imagine that the pit lane speed should be determined by the track? if so the auto pit feature dosent work on Fuji.

I dont know why i should receive 2 penalties for one offense, and another one for allowing (so maybe a bug on Fuji) and im gue

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I have tested this all ISI tracks and there are no problems so it is not a "build bug"

7. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Again, no way to serve a penalty for a False Start. I can serve a penalty for say ...cutting the track. I tested this at Putnam and MidOhio (no chicane) driving the Z. After being assessed a penalty for a false start a couple of things have happened (perhaps difference based on the style of HUD I choose) ...
    A penalty is given but the Pit Menu says N/A beside penalty, or, it says N/A and using your directional pad it is not even selectable (it can not be chosen). Other times, using the smallest/simplest HUD, the penalty option does not appear at all in the pit menu.

1 person likes this.