Unable to install 3rd party mods in 1098?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tweaq, Mar 19, 2017.

1. tweaq

tweaq Registered

Need some help here, sorry if its obvious but its been years since ive played rf2. Ive downloaded a bunch of tracks and cars off racedepartment, extracted the .rfcmp files to the packages directory, then from there go to the packages section of the launcher from memory they needed to be installed from there to be accessed in game None of them are appearing in the launcher or the game however so clearly im doing something wrong.

It'd be greatly appreciated if someone could point out the no doubt obvious mistake im making, or how to get current mods to work in the non steam version of the game.

Cheers

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Down right, make sure the directory is correct

3. tweaq

tweaq Registered

Mcderp with cheese, i moved my rf2 install to my SSD but the package folder was still looking in my old drive. Almost always a user error, cheers.

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

;) I still hope you'll get the latest build some day man... I don't care how you do it... I just hope you do. Some day.

tweaq likes this.
  5. tweaq

tweaq Registered

Just a money issue really, read up more on the s397 and how is more than just a platform change but i dont often have $50aud as a fulltime student to spend on a game... that i sorta already have. The new direction, UI, and steam workshop make it worthwhile. Would be nice if they offered a discount to license holders who missed the cutoff.