UI problem - No Text in List View

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Monotelefunken, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Monotelefunken

Monotelefunken Registered

Hi!

Since the 906 update the list view displays no text whatsoever when selecting a car or a track. I can see the check boxes and ticking them does work. When I click on a (textless) line/box on the left, the picture of the car shows up to the right - as it should. The problem is that I can't see what I'm clicking on as there are no car or track names in the boxes on the left side.

The carousel view works normally.

I tried to uninstall using the included Uninstaller but that application did not work (I noticed others have had this problem, too). I then uninstalled everything manually, removing all rFactor2 files and folders from both the program folder and the rFactor2 folder in Documents. Next, I downloaded the full installer, as well as all the official cars and tracks, and reinstalled everything. After having verified the install, I launched rf2. The problem was still there. No mods at all installed - just the official content.

What to do? Using carousel view becomes extremely slow - especially when having lots of mods installed. Trying to use the list view is like flying completely blind...

I'm on a brand new PC dedicated to sim racing, running Windows 8.1 on an Intel 4960K CPU. I have 16GB of RAM installed and my GPU is a MSI branded nVidia GTX 980. I run a Sony KDL-40w905 LED TV at 1920x1080 resolution, through a brand new, high quality HDMI cable and a latest spec DVI-HDMI adapter. Nothing is tweaked/overclocked anywhere.

Everything worked fine up until the latest update. After I got this new computer I had maybe two weeks of flawless running with the previous build. I have had no graphics issues at all with any other application. I have tried the two latest nVidia drivers (now on 344.80).

It's probably not connected, but I also had the 4:3 screen ratio issue in the UI that some other user reported elsewhere in this forum. I solved that problem by changing the corresponding config file setting for the widescreen UI to =1. This corrected the aspect ratio issue but did not solve the textless list view problem, though.

Any ideas? Can anybody help?

Thanks,

mtf

2. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Make sure the windows desktop settings for font size are to the windows default. Changing that setting has caused font issues in rF2 in the past.

3. matf1

matf1 Registered

Can you also confirm with the fresh install that you are not moving files back like player.json?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

4. Monotelefunken

Monotelefunken Registered

This was it! Thank you!

Cheers,

mtf