Tyre motion blur - How much?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by doddynco, Jun 24, 2022.

1. doddynco

doddynco Registered

How many degrees of rotation should the tyre blur textures be at different speeds?

My own method was to take one wheel rpm and assume that we are rendering about 100fps and attempt to smooth each from into the next one. I worked out 9 degrees per 150rpm(5.1m per second for a 325mm radius tyre) I think this is overdone and looking at some quality mods they have around 45 degree at max blur, whereas my calculation was more like 120degrees for the same speed.

I've also noticed that GIMPs rotational blur leaves hard edges with one pass, so you have to do multiple lighter passes to get a softer effect.

Any thoughts welcome.

Emery likes this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

sometimes I say as a thing done to improve something it doesn't work or it works terrible...in Pimax pitool activate the smoothing and the wheels come out as double on the edges, disable it and they look perfect, I don't understand it, maybe it doesn't have to see nothing with what you argue but it's what happens to me personally, I don't know if it's because of rfactor or the pitool software