Tyre Model static

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Collin, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Collin

Collin Registered

In game the Tyre aren't "moving" as in leaning when going through a loaded corner. Also when i have a big lock up it doesn't show the dark flat spot on the Tyre but i can feel the big vibration on the FFB through the wheel.

Not sure what is wrong however I remember when I first installed the game it would show all these characteristics when driving the 2012 f1 car. Does anyone know if this is a Video resolution/detail thing or have i switched something off by mistake?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Some of those effects were overly exaggerated very early in rF2, not sure if that's what you're referring to. But the tyre squashing should still be present, flatspots don't go as dark as they did back then but you should be able to see some wearing on very big lockups.

3. Collin

Collin Registered

Thanks for the reply, ive just tried putting the tyre wear up to x7 and driving down the straight with the front tyres locked. FFB going crazy but nothing showing on the tyres. Ive tried for 4 hours different ways and still nothing. lol I'll maybe try uninstalling and re installing tomorrow. Its like the game just isnt loading up the tyre model graphic at all.

ohyeah2389 likes this.
  4. ohyeah2389

ohyeah2389 Registered

I'm having this issue too. I can't tell what update it was, but the tyre flex is completely gone, on all cars. I can still feel the flex in the physics, but the visualization isn't there. The flat-spot and tyre wear textures are also missing, and the flatspots don't make dents in the visual 3d model.

Reminds me of iRacing, how they model tyre flex but don't show it in the graphics.

I hope this is a bug, not a permanent change, and if it is, we can have an option to turn it back on. Good news is that the tyres don't go all wonky when they come off the car, but I would rather have that and the visual tyre flex.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  5. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

I seem to be having this issue as well. All cars.

ohyeah2389 likes this.