Two issues, name and mirrors

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jxeboy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jxeboy

jxeboy Registered

Hello,

I am currently having two problems. I only play offline, so this only pertains to that side of things.

1. Like many others I am called "unknown". I have gone into %appdata% and tried all of the things people have bene suggesting, including making sure the file was read only, but I am still showing up as "unknown". Not the biggest issue, but I would like to figure it out.

2. The mirror situation is a mess. In the 1966 cars I want to be able to see my own car in the mirrors. Traditionally in the past you just go into the .plr and change "self in rear view" to 15 and you would show up. But this is having no effect. Also the mirrors seem to be facing outwards a bit, and missing a bit of the center behind me. I have tried moving them around with the in game controls, but it doesn't position them the way I want.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Alicatt

Alicatt Registered

I too would like to know as I have both of these problems too.

3. jxeboy

jxeboy Registered

Well I've found out that the .plr gets rewritten each time you start the game. Is there any way around this?

4. epc1

epc1 Registered

How do you adjust the cockpit mirrors ? i cannot find an option to do it help please.....:)

5. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Shift with the seat movement controls

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Log in to the Onlince Multiplayer and your proper name then appears for Offline mode.
    Shift+ Arrow Keys (I think) moves the mirrors about

7. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

1. We're looking into the 'Unknown' issue. But I'm a bit surprised that the .Name file trick hasn't worked for you.

2. We've disabled seeing your own car in the rearview, at least for now, due to issues with what parts are visible and clip plane issues, etc. Regarding the mirror positioning, though, have you tried all various combinations of Alt/Ctrl/Shift with the Seat controls? I think the comments in the PLR file suggest what to use for various mirrors and position (left mirror horizontal position, center mirror size, etc.) You should be able to angle the left mirror in separately from the right mirror - I know because I like to see things straight behind as well and can do this with the controls.

Regarding your final PLR question: it shouldn't be overwriting any of your changes unless you've tried editing it while the sim is running. But yes, it does get read and written at various points while the sim is running, in case any UI settings have changed.

8. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

On the opening screen with the three options of game play click the login button enter your information and select remember and it should have your name in player screen!! As far as Mirrors if I drive F Renault on 67 spa they flicker when near the pit area also choppy frame rates with Megane on Mills