two GPUs SLI?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jaromir Bergmann, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Jaromir Bergmann

Jaromir Bergmann Registered

hi, does rF2 support two GPUs in SLI mode? will I get some more cockpit view performance buying second GTX970 or should I save up to buy GTX1080 instead? thanks

2. Niclas Porbadnik

Niclas Porbadnik Registered

i am unsure sli is working at rf2
    but in my personal experience a single gpu is easier than the SLI solution
    how many screens and in which resolution do you use ?

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

No it doesnt, i had an sli setup and ditched it, you actually get worse performance in rf2 in sli

4. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I've had two 970s, SLI was working OK but not with default SLI profile (the performance was actually worse with that profile), there were some tweaks needed to be done and it's explained somewhere here in the forum.

But anyway, since I've switched to signle 1080, I can only recommend that one instead two GPUs. I've had several SLI systems in last 6-7 years and month ago while I was building new system I went with single GPU.

It's a relief.. Not just with RF2 but other games too. I was tired with constant fiddling and backdraws with SLI, waiting for updates, patches, games not supporting it, etc..

F1Aussie likes this.
  5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I've had Crossfire setup some time ago, it worked and it gave a boost in performance (I can only speak for high AA settings).
    However, I can agree with what Prodigy said, mostly, it was a pain. Additional thing to consider is VR, if there's possibility you'll go this route, SLI support is even more in question in VR mode. In fact I haven't heard of any game working in VR and SLI.