Two Driver Team - One Driver Not Showing in List

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by SL1DE, Dec 28, 2016.

1. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Seeing how someone's doing a 2001 conversion, I decided to start finishing off my F1 1999 conversion.

The only issue I have is that Sauber is failing to load both drivers. Jean Alesi works, but Pedro Diniz isn't showing up in the list.

I ran a trace and I've looked through the Log and this is all I can find on Sauber12. (Diniz is #12)

Code:
     5.01s setup.cpp    2172: Duplicate vehfile detected & deleted from VehMan lists: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\F1 1999 Sauber\0.801\SAUBER_12.VEH
    I'm thinking it's something to do with the "Duplicate vehfile" line, but I've checked it all out and nothing is a duplicate and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with how the file is coded. But if the VEH file is failing to load, that's what makes the drivers show up in the list, so that's the issue here.

Anybody have any ideas how I can fix this?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Can you post the contents of both veh files?

3. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Sauber_11.veh
    Code:
    //
    // The first section defines what maps to load for the new vehicle skinning
    // technology.  The first line defines a "prefix" to be used for all generic maps.
    // Currently, generic maps are used for the livery, wing, driver, driver arms,
    // driver helmet, and pit crew.  The second line will replace the default livery
    // with the new specified, for the track specified.  The format is as follows:
    //
    // DefaultLivery="PREFIX"       // PREFIX is the base texture map name, assumed to be BMP unless specified
    // PitCrewLivery="PREFIX"       // This is only needed if it differs from the default livery PREFIX
    // TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX"  // TRACK is the track name as defined in the event GDB
    // TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX"  // For example, "2001_Monza"
    // TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX"  // You can have an infinite # of these lines
    //

DefaultLivery="Sauber_11\Sauber_11.DDS"
    TrackLivery="Rd 02 - Grande Premio Marlboro do Brasil, Sauber_11\Sauber_11SKINS\SauberBrazil_11.dds"
    TrackLivery="Rd 15 - Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix, Sauber_11\Sauber_11SKINS\SauberMalaysia_11.dds"

HDVehicle=C18.hdv
    Graphics=C18.gen
    Spinner=C18_Spinner.gen
    GenString=ALES                         // Used to generate GMT names in *.gen file
    Sounds=f1wcp1999_petronas.sfx                   // Sounds=default.sfx
    Cameras=C18_cams.cam            // Defaults to default.cfg in UserData directory
    HeadPhysics=HeadPhysics.ini         // Affects driver eyepoint only
    Cockpit=C18_cockpitinfo.ini
    Upgrades=C18_upgrades.ini

Number=11
    Team="Sauber 1999"
    PitGroup="Group6"
    Driver="Jean Alesi"
    Description="#11 Jean Alesi"
    Engine="Petronas"
    Manufacturer="Sauber"
    Classes="1999A, 1999B, 1999C, 1999D"

FullTeamName="RedBull Sauber Petronas"
    TeamFounded=1993
    TeamHeadquarters="Hinwil, Switzerland"
    TeamStarts=215
    TeamPoles=0
    TeamWins=0
    TeamWorldChampionships=0

Category="F1 1999"

Sauber_12.veh
    Code:
    //
    // The first section defines what maps to load for the new vehicle skinning
    // technology.  The first line defines a "prefix" to be used for all generic maps.
    // Currently, generic maps are used for the livery, wing, driver, driver arms,
    // driver helmet, and pit crew.  The second line will replace the default livery
    // with the new specified, for the track specified.  The format is as follows:
    //
    // DefaultLivery="PREFIX"       // PREFIX is the base texture map name, assumed to be BMP unless specified
    // PitCrewLivery="PREFIX"       // This is only needed if it differs from the default livery PREFIX
    // TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX"  // TRACK is the track name as defined in the event GDB
    // TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX"  // For example, "2001_Monza"
    // TrackLivery="TRACK, PREFIX"  // You can have an infinite # of these lines
    //

DefaultLivery="Sauber_12\Sauber_12.DDS"
    TrackLivery="Rd 15 - Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix, Sauber_12\Sauber_12SKINS\SauberMalaysia_12.dds"

HDVehicle=C18.hdv
    Graphics=C18.gen
    Spinner=C18_Spinner.gen
    GenString=DINI                         // Used to generate GMT names in *.gen file
    Sounds=f1wcp1999_petronas.sfx                   // Sounds=default.sfx
    Cameras=C18_cams.cam            // Defaults to default.cfg in UserData directory
    HeadPhysics=HeadPhysics.ini         // Affects driver eyepoint only
    Cockpit=C18_cockpitinfo.ini
    Upgrades=C18_upgrades.ini

Number=12
    Team="Sauber 1999"
    PitGroup="Group6"
    Driver="Pedro Diniz"
    Description="#12 Pedro Diniz"
    Engine="Petronas"
    Manufacturer="Sauber"
    Classes="1999A, 1999B, 1999C, 1999D"

FullTeamName="RedBull Sauber Petronas"
    TeamFounded=1993
    TeamHeadquarters="Hinwil, Switzerland"
    TeamStarts=215
    TeamPoles=0
    TeamWins=0
    TeamWorldChampionships=0

Category="F1 1999"

4. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Seems like somewhere in your install, another mod perhaps, there's already a .veh file with that same name. When you install the 99 mod rF2 deletes the file and so as far as the game is concerned the Alesi car is the only one. Try changing the file names to something more specific to your mod. Maybe using the year or the model designation of the Sauber from that year.
    TK

5. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Interesting. That never occurred to me, I'll try renaming it and see what happens.

Edit: It worked! Wow! Can't believe it was something that simple. Thanks a lot man, you saved my conversion. :p

It must've been clashing with the 2013 mod since Sauber were numbers 11 and 12 then also.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016