Two builds + settings in Nvidia control panel

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sido Weijer, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

I have build 910 and 930 both installed at the moment (910 for a league), they're in seperate folders. Everything is working except my settings in Nvidia control panel (pre-rendered frames, Vsync, etc), they only work for build 930, not for build 910.
    When I click on "add" under "program settings" in the Nvidia control panel there are two rF2's showing up, but I can't seem to actually add the second one. I also tried to force my settings via the global settings tab, but that doesn't work either.

How can I make this work?

2. Marlboro

Marlboro Registered

Have you renamed the exe? I have had the same issue with simcommander and renaming the exe to RF2_910 and RF2_930 worked for that. Worth a go.

3. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Thanks. I can now make a profile for both exes, but now the rF2 launcher can't find rfactor2.exe (which I renamed to rfactor2910.exe).. How do I get around that?

4. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

I found the issue. When I'm running in windowed mode the Nvidia control panel settings don't work, switched to fullscreen mode and everything works.

This brings up another question though. I'd like to run windowed mode due to better stability when alt+tabbing, but how can I do that AND keep the Nvidia control panel settings working?

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Why don't you just rename one of the rF2 exes and then set the Nvidia profile for that specific exe? That's all there is to it. I used to have like 3 different GT Legends installs (one for benchmarking, one for single player, one for multiplayer), and 2 or 3 rFactor 1 installs all with GFX profiles attributed to them...

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Um... he did that two posts ago.