[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Call me lazy (or not very good at editing the plugin) but I wonder if anyone has made some nice looking TV overlays using the plugin they want to share, it might be fun to see what everyone has come up with. :)

2. oliva18

oliva18 Registered

Hello, I am trying to edit the plugin to make it work in our league. I've edited the .ini files (vehiculeClass and vehiculeName) to show correctly our 2 category. On single player mode, everything works fine while in multiplayer I can't change category view in the tower widget, either by pressing the c key or by pressing the button on the console "cycle category". the rest work properly.You have any suggestions? I'm going crazy!!
    Thank you in advance

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I'm wondering if their is a hot key to press so you can how many pit stops driver shave made, in the scrolling banner?

4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Unfortunately there's no way to display number of pitstops in the scrolling banner afaik. Those can be displayed in the tower however. Press F (default key, can be modified) to cycle through gaps / pitstops / topspeeds.

5. Kevin cn

Kevin cn Registered

Awesome,Just beginning to use TV plugin.

Whether you can provide the source code or open source, I can make it Chinese or more easy to use (I'm an independent developer). Because I came to China, there are many SIM enthusiasts in China, there are professional events, but they do not understand english.

If you are willing, you can send the source code to scphbin@gmail.com or upload the source code to the GitHub and then tell me in the mail or other way that I will strictly observe the open source protocol.

I hope you can not understand the English of Chinese SIM fans a little help.

Thank you

Kevin

6. Ricardo F. Edelmann

Ricardo F. Edelmann Registered

• Hello Gerald,
      As you know i'm using the TV Plugin for almost a year and a friend of mine just had an idea.

I don't know if you know the iracing tv overlay but there is a function that shows a short video when you click on replay.
      do you think something like that is possible with your overlay plugin?

It should work like that:
      You look at the race and see something you want to see again.
      you press replay
      the screen switches to that short video scene. (video shows a small animation with replay and a logo for example for around 3-5 seconds)
      animation is done and the game gets into the replay just as it would normally do without the video.

Cheers
      Rico

7. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Replay is already supported the TV Plugin, via the TV Console. For the animation, it is not supported.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7105 en utilisant Tapatalk

8. Ricardo F. Edelmann

i know that there is the replay function already:) is it possible in any way to implement an animation?:)

9. Gerald Jacobson

I don't have time unfortunately. And as this lack of time don't stop, I will publish the source code of all of my plugins and tools. So other people will be able to update them if wanted.

10. Ricardo F. Edelmann

That is really unfortunate :/ But well okay... if you release the source code.. will you post it here?

11. Gerald Jacobson

Yes

12. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

What do people use or how do you overlay the results at the end of a session. So say for example at the end of qualifying, what do people do for displaying the results?

13. Marc Christopher Harris

Marc Christopher Harris Registered

Hello All,

Asking on behalf of a few of us.

We currently use the TV Plugin, and the automated camera tool.

The automated camera tool is OK, but have had a few comments about the jumping between cars too much/focusing on random events. etc, so we want to go back to using the console.

However, when our broadcaster clicks on the console, it takes all the resources away from rF2, so the FPS within the sim become low when using the console.

Is there a way to stop this from happening - I guess looking at more Windows based expertise than game, but maybe there is something than can help?

Thanks All.

14. Smitzzert

Smitzzert Registered

Hi,

Installed everything. Plugins work. But when I first start the Remote and then rF2 it all works but when I login on the server the Remote stops working.. Don't know what to do and I'm hoping for your help.

Regards,

Sven

15. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

'Information: This provider works for earlier date and forecast.

Collect weather data for 28/02/2016 00:00:00
    http://uk.weather.com/weather/almanacHourly-BEXX0413:1:SP?day=0
    ERROR: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: startIndex
    at System.String.IndexOf(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, StringComparison comparisonType)
    at System.String.IndexOf(String value, Int32 startIndex)
    at rFactor2WorldWeather.Providers.TheWeatherChanelProvider.Collect(DateTime start, Int64 durationMinute, Int32 startPercentage, Int32 sizePercentage, Boolean hideWeatherData)
    Information: This provider works for earlier date and forecast.

ERROR: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    at System.String.IndexOf(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, StringComparison comparisonType)
    at rFactor2WorldWeather.Providers.TheWeatherChanelProvider.Collect(DateTime start, Int64 durationMinute, Int32 startPercentage, Int32 sizePercentage, Boolean hideWeatherData)
    Information: This provider works for earlier date and forecast.

'

Why am I getting this when i try to collect weather

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Gerald, would it be possible to have a widget for current tyre compound, having a .PNG along with defined naming to visualize it ?

17. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Are other clients present on the server when you try to login? From about two builds of rFactor 2 ago, I have noticed that I have to be the first one in the server for it to work

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Same problem here :D

19. Gerald Jacobson

if i remember correctly, tyre is considered as "telemetry" information -> those kind of information are only avalable for your own car.

20. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

But that doesn't make much sense, as the compound is visible just by looking at the car and the MOD has defined different textures per compound. Not blaming you ofcause, if that is the case :)

Ohh, in fact I know that it's not limited - our VEC timing is using that information. Maybe Noel Hibbard can help :)