Tutorial to convert tracks from rFactor to rFactor2 with 3dsimed

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SPASKIS, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Respect the numbering of the cornerworkers, starterworkers and pitworkers. I can't remember if it they start with 00 or 01. Do not skip numbers.

Copy the instance call from the original scn. Watch out for the animations!

Before planting the cornerworker create a seed GMT by isolating one of the cornerworkers. Center it and lower it until feet are at 0/height more or less. Set pivot point to 0. Save it as cornerworker.gmt.

Plant your cornerworkers by adding object in the primitives menu. Add number suffix to the object name after placing each one

You need the anm files in your package obviously.

Let me know if it still doesn't work ;)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

2. shiet

shiet Registered

Sorry but I can't understand what you are talking about... :D :confused: I need a video about this.

3. shiet

shiet Registered

This is not 3Dsimed related but is there any particular method on how to create this minimap on the loading screen? I'm done with every other element of that HDloader psd.

[​IMG]

Also on how to create the trackname_fullicon.tga and the trackname_fullthmb.tga?

Thank you.

4. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

5. sti228

sti228 Registered

Well i try 3 tracks but this still doesn't help. I get nothing in 3DSimED when i try to open my .scn file... This ConvertTrack.VBS don't work. Any way to fix it ? I do the same steps shown in video tutorial. So strange. I talk about this part: https://youtu.be/5Si0jYsjNxc?t=205

http://www.picz.ge/img/s3/1510/26/7/747e38468c39.jpg

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated :rolleyes:

Never mind this was my mistake and i already fixed it ;) In _output.scn file there is one new line and what it does ? Can i remove it ?

Code:
    CUBEASF

View=mainview
    {
    	Clear=False
    	Color=(0, 0, 0)
    	Size=(1.00, 1.00) Center=(0.5, 0.5)
    	FOV=(77.75, 62.50)
    	ClipPlanes=(0.05, 700.00)
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  6. shiet

shiet Registered

Thanks. I found the tracknameicon.tga template but not the tracknameThmb.tga template.

EDIT: the tracknameThmb.tga is done, wasn't hard. :) and I found the SMicon template too but there are no pit/start labels in there nor the arrow.

EDIT2: I did that too, copy/paste from other tracks. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  7. sti228

sti228 Registered

8. shiet

shiet Registered

Somehow I was able to do what you said but the animations are not working.

right click on cornerworker guy, object cornerworker (on ISI AMP track), copy instance
    new document, paste object, then I set the coordinates

View attachment 18391

I don't know what are those boards below the cornerworkers.
    I saved it as GMT, saved the textures and the ANM files too.
    I added the cornerworker object onto the track just like the trees but there is no "Object animation" tab on the right.

View attachment 18392

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Edit the cornerworker instances of the scn file to include the animation as they appear in the scn file of the original track where you borrowed the cornerworkers. Remember that some tags are stored in the GMT itself and others are specified in the scn.

And do not use other names different from cornerworker. These name is mandatory

10. sti228

sti228 Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  11. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

If you want to get further help from my side, I would suggest you (and others doing similar) that when you post a problem and get it sorted afterwards, to explain the solution that has solved your problem.

The error that you get is because you forgot to assign a texture to one of the channels of the material causing the error. If you have a white.dds texture you can bypass this errors but the affected materials will not show in game as they should.

It just takes a few lines to explain it, as you see, and could help others having the same issue which is quite typical. I think it is very selfish to ask for help and not caring about helping others.

12. sti228

sti228 Registered

Euskotracks

Thanks for answer and suggestion. I already figure out by myself. Track works but i still don't understand some parts and i still can't start my road in Dev Mode. So i will try to make it work :)

If i get it right you mean i'm selfish ? Well i can't teach you anything in rFactor 2, because i'm new in this science. I'm more dependent on someone else's interpretation, experience and knowledge in track making. In rfactor 2 my knowledge is not big as other users in this forum but i try my best to learn some steps with others experience and i don't think there is something wrong with it.

13. R Soul

R Soul Registered

He means if you solve your own problem it's nice to say how you solved it.

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just use Autosim Circuit Layout Generator

15. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I do not think you are selfish. Your attitude in that post was. I am sure also it was not meant on purpose. You probably didn't realise about that.

16. sti228

sti228 Registered

To be clear here i will argue my opinion.

Well i think, you don't know that sometimes your suggestions regarding something don't work. Exchange for its help sometimes they just failed by default. In some situations your suggestions just can't help. I think, it's better to explain how things work and what belong for what. This give a person basic explanation about function and he can figure out by himself how to solve his problem, error or whatever.

No one tell you explain hole track convert story, because It's already done. Better to record 10 minute video if you are lazy to write here about changes whats happen the last time in track convert. There is 4 or 5 steps that's really different from previous tutorial. If i'm selfish you are selfish twice. Interested why ? You just know all changes that happen in new builds and you are still in silence instance of write and explain this information here. This will be interesting and useful for new users who just want to convert his road from rF 1 to rF 2. As i see you think you are helpful here, but not too much as you imagine :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
  17. Butters

Butters Registered

Holy crap sti228 is Yoda.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

18. sti228

sti228 Registered

I'm Yoda ? Only crap is you here and people like you. You only can joking and humiliation others. I don't said anything bad regarding you. So **** you !

19. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

You are not only selfish but disrespectful. I have spent hours in this forum explaining things to others. I also spent hours creating this tutorial.

So please before calling someone lazy, you would do better by informing previously.

Learn yourself to convert a track and create your own f.ing tutorial.

20. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Really? are you ok man?

Guys tried to help you, after that only told you to post the solution that worked for you to be helpfull in future to others and you're starting a flamewar?

oh my god give me some patience...

[​IMG]