[TUTORIAL] How to quickly and efficiently create custom tgm tire size

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Spitfire1, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

EDIT: Link to the tutorial which includes an entire template and instructions for bringing a new or old mod quickly into rf2 from rf1: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....fficiently-bring-a-rf1-mod-over-to-rf2.67508/

Now before we start it is very important that you choose a tgm template that suits the type of tires that are on your car you want to mod. In other words it has a road car tire style or a racing car slick tire style or even a bus or a truck tire style because inside the tgm the parameters are set for these types of tires(road car tgm has road parameters and racing and truck and bus has these parameters). So if you choose a truck or a bus or a racing car tire tgm for a road car and resize it it will always behave wrong because the online tool only does resize and nothing else! For example what i did for the 2005 murciƩlago is i took the 2012 road car corvette tires because it is very close in size and shape and also texture and grip so the rest of the work was very easy JUST RESIZE. If i had taken for example a racing car slick tire it would have too much grip and be too stiff no matter how perfect the resizing was. OK i HOPE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR.

1. Download this tire rack i made for road cars with various size tires: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qidu8l0nwdpeksy/roadcartgmtires.zip/file
    2. Take two of those .tgm files (front and rear) that come closest to the size your mod car tires has
    3. Go to this website and upload your chosen .tgm and to resize your chosen tires to the tire and rim profile you need: http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/rF2GGeninfo/tgmtiresize.php
    4. Download your newly created .tgm and use it for your mod!

On a quick sidenote: I always recommend choosing same rim size as the car you are modding so you dont have to resize rim size in the tool as well as tire size because it may skew the end result of the physics feel. So make sure if your car has 18 front and 19 rear to begin with these rim sizes tgm templates or if it has 18 front 18 rear etc. do the same. This way the only thing you have to worry about is the tire itself so it simplifies it alot.

Picture tutorial for online tool:
    NOTE: you have to allow adobe flash player in your browser for the tool graph to show up otherwise it will not show up and you just get only the tire info change:
    NOTE: you can only change and upload one tgm file at a time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On picture number 2(and 3) everything red is the uploaded old tire and everything green is the new tires you want to be created. So the node graph shows you how it will reshape and how the new tire(green dots) will look like compared to old tire (red dots). For this tutorial i gave the example i wanted to change a 295-35-18x10 to a 275-40-18x9.5 as an example.

NOTE: you have to allow adobe flash player in your browser for this graph to show up otherwise it will not show up and you just get this:

[​IMG]

When you press Next you will be taken to a new page where there is a yellow button to download your newly resized .tgm file.

HAPPY MODDING TO EVERYONE!

another ps: if you have request of another tutorial let me know in this thread and i will make it. I have rf2 modding perfected and down to a tee now so i can help with any issues.

Final words: I hope the maker of these online tools releases them as. exe otherwise we are screwed if his website goes down. So a plea to the maker PLEASE GIVE US .EXE. Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Kahel likes this.