[TUTORIAL] How to quickly and efficiently bring a rf1 mod over to rf2

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Spitfire1, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

1. Download this new mod template i made here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/knv9dlqv5bli9nr/rf1torf2tutorial2020.zip/file
    2. Convert rf1 gmt to rf2 gmt(the only way i know is 3dsimed)
    3. Create your custom tire and rim size .tgm file using this tutorial here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....fficiently-create-custom-tgm-tire-size.67503/

4. Read instructions below(some things are repeated from above)
    -There are 4 folders with files inside which will later be put into 4 .mas files
    with name endings mas,main,teams,sounds.

-Attach a similar street car .tgm front and rear to the .tbc by adding two entries
    inside the .tbc both under "FRONT:" and under "REAR:" called " TGM="245-35-R18x8.5.tgm" " NOTE that your tgm has another name so put that name and not this one.

-Change size of the tire with the tgm node replacement tool(the online node resize tool)

-Place the newly created two .tgm files inside folder "main" before you create the .mas from it.

-Convert the rf1 .gmt files to a rf2 .gmt file format using 3dsimed or other program
    if that is possible(haven't tried)

-Create mas from each 4 folders mentioned in step 1 and make sure to create gmt mas
    from the rf2 gmt(that you created in step before this) not rf1 gmt.

-You then place a temporary rfcmp into "Packages" inside rfactor 2 folder if you haven't
    already. This can be any rfcmp(it is just used as a template for the mas2.exe)

-Package all 4 mas files(that you just created) into one rfcmp using mas2.exe by pressing
    "Create the package file" icon and choosing "Create Single CMP Package"

-Inside the "Create Component Package" in the mas2.exe in the "Create the package file"
    you have to put in name of component, choose where the existing template temporary
    .rfcmp file you are replacing is(inside "Packages" where you placed it) and the
    info about your new mod and then upload the 4 .mas files you created then press "Package".

-Install rfcmp from launcher

-The mod should work now in game if all was done correctly and no files are missing or
    misplaced or there was no typing errors in physics notepad files and all gmt are on rf2 format and the tgm are inside
    main.mas and referenced inside the .tbc file.

Hazi, Corti and Kahel like this.
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

For me is Much better and fast work in devmod mode (without .Mas and .Rfcmp)
    You can test and check all your wip instantly ingame

Then, when you have finish you project, package all the files

Chabba Ranks and Emery like this.
  3. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

Yes i know. But the released mod in the workshop has to be on .rfcmp. Nothing has changed except tire physics and chassis flex physics and you can skip the chassis physics if you want but not the tgm tire physics which is why i gave instructions how to create them and left everything else out because it's exactly the same as rf1. All my mods work fine with everything unchanged except that tbc and tgm.

In this tutorial i assume people have finished working on their mod and it is release ready. This tutorial offers help on final step of release.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Chabba Ranks likes this.