Turn off show FPS display?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by nextacyn, Jan 10, 2018.

1. nextacyn

nextacyn Registered

Hi, I searched the forums before posting but can't seem to find info on how to turn off the show fps display in the lower right side on the monitor in game. I tried pressing Ctrl +F keys multiple times but I can't get it to turn off. I looked in the .json file but couldn't locate it to disable it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

/Edit: Solved, my Geforce Experience software overlay huds FPS counter was set to on, thanks for the help! Sorry for being such a noob lol :D

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

try to assign again ctrl + F. Or test ctrl + E for example. who knows ;)

3. nextacyn

nextacyn Registered

Thanks, I tried reassigning to different keys and it still doesn't turn off no matter what key I assign it it. I'd stick with RF2's FPS counter but the light green is somewhat hard to see a lot of times so I use Fraps instead because the color is easier to see in game. I'd turn off Fraps and use RF2's counter if there was a way I could modify RF2's FPS counters color so it's easier to see. Does anyone know what file to edit to change the color or even turn it off all together if I can't change the color?

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Doesn't sound like the rF2 counter to me, pressing CTRL+F should put it top right, maybe it's steam's fps counter, check your setting in steam. Not at PC atm to give precise directions on where that is.

nextacyn likes this.
  5. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    If you are seeing a color bar (is I remember right) that's not fps counter that the cup or grafic power thing
    The fps counter shows numbers.
    So by clicking the assigned button (crtl = f) it goes in fps the cup and fps then all off.

So go in game and in to garage and push assigned button and turn the stuff off.

Ruben

6. nextacyn

nextacyn Registered

Thanks, your comment got me to investigate a bit more and now I feel dumb lol. It wasn't steam's FPS counter it was my graphics card; Nvidia's Geforce Experience software overlay.. FPS counter was turned on. Solved LoL :D

Goanna likes this.