Turn marshalls will waive Green flags instead of Yellows sometimes.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by blakboks, Apr 4, 2014.

1. blakboks

blakboks Registered

So, I've noticed this issue for quite some time (months, if not years ago). Sometimes when I spin or stop or something, the turn marshalls will waive green flags instead of yellows (even though it shows yellow in the HUD). Other times they will waive yellows, correctly. I just thought for the longest time that the flags were just looking green due to something with the HDR or something along those lines. However, I've since noticed a definite difference between them waiving yellow and green flags.

I'll see if I can get some screenshots or video or see if there's anything in particular causing it. I just wanted to log this as a bug in the mean time.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Is this on the first lap? Thanks.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Which Marshall? If you spin and the Marshall in front of you waves green than that is correct, because everything from the marshal and on is clear and therefore green, the only person who should be waiving yellow is the Marshall behind the spin, the Marshall that covers the area from himself until the next Marshall ahead of him.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

In a session now, qualifying on quebec short round1 and getting blue flags instead of yellow (been going round for 5 laps already so no way blue flags would show)
    next lap it seems ok again. few marshals in a row.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just struck me, perhaps the 'zones' are too close to each other? I remember not even seeing any incidents where a yellow (blue in this case) would show. so maybe blue was correct, but not for that part of the track if you catch my drift yo

peace out

6. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Ok, yeah, I think this is what I was seeing. Sorry for confusion.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Speaking of Flags is the Yellow Flag in Practice at Silverstone International bug well known? will elaborate more if needed but would've thought it's a known bug!

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

it's ok, lots of people don't know this. If I never raced, instructed and worked at a real track in real-life then I probably wouldn't have known either :) .

If you are working at a corner and someone spins literally 2 feet behind you then you still waive green, you pretty much must ignore anything behind you, all that matters is from your point up until the next corner worker, anything behind you, even 2 feet is the "zone" of the corner worker behind you at the previous turn/area.

9. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Yeah, the other thing is that I watch F1 quite a bit. I could be mistaken, but I can't recall seeing any turn marshals down-track of an incident waive green flags. I tried looking for it during P2 yesterday, but couldn't really tell. As far as I can tell, only yellows are waived where the incident has occurred, and other turn marshals do nothing. Again, I could be mistaken about this, but that's what I recall seeing, anyway. I think that's what's added to the confusion. I'm sure it's different for other series; like you've described.