SOLVED Turbo Engine

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Arnaud Plume, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Is there anybody who have noticed a recent change in the way rf2 handles TurboInertia & TurboFriction values?

I didn't touch any physics files of Lancia LC2 since 15th january and suddenly the turbo lag has disappeared and engine have gained 50hp out of nowhere.

2. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

I can confirm you that the way rf2 handles TurboFriction values is changed, it's not only on my end.

3. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

I don't notice any change on our cars.

I don't know, but If you are handling upgrades there might be some unexpected bugs with engines, etc,..

4. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

It's just a build we haven't touch since weeks which now have around 50 extra hp & no more turbo lag, but maybe I've missed smthg with the upgrades removed. Very strange.

Now, I've edited that engine to recreate the old behaviour and the 1st turbofriction value have to be 17x greater than before (+minus modification in BoostTurboPressure).

EDIT: Thanks Raintyre, you were right. I had deleted all upgrades on my final build and strangly, even with the same engine.ini, turbo change his behaviour. rF2 handles the turbo in another way if you have upgrades or not. We have to pay attention when modding a turbo engine. Lesson learned

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Raintyre likes this.
  5. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Hi Arnauld, i think i know the issue you were having here:

If you reference a different engine.ini in the upgrades, the engines section in the hdv itself should be left blank. For the standard engine, you need to point to the standard engine in a 'default' setup in the upgrades ini.

If you try to write an engine ini reference in the hdv whilst using engine upgrades, it will use some kind of placeholder turbo settings, (either that or it is adding in another copy of the turbo in parallel onto itself (making the car a twin-turbo , which could cause all sorts of unwanted behaviour.)

Emery likes this.
  6. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

I didn't notice you solved it! Nice... Yes, i learnt the lesson the hard way ;]