TTool ? 32 bit only

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Kevin Frazier, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Kevin Frazier

Kevin Frazier Registered

Seems the ttool works in 32 bit but when I try to use it on my main pc 64bit pc rfactor2 stops working .Did they make it for 32 bit only ? . thanks for any answers.

2. Domi

Domi Registered

It works for me with W7-64bit

3. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Works fine here on Windows 7 64bit. Tried redownloading?

4. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

works for me on 64 bit win 7 but does crash A LOT

5. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Windows 7 64-bit here and it works fine. If at any time you get crashes while running tests, try running a lower DT multiplier, it's basically a time step multiplier, and if the estimated time step is too big, things can become unstable. Usually you don't need to go lower than 0.85, IIRC ~0.7 was used for some of the historic tyres though.

The other thing, if the exe is crashing when loading a file, you probably have the wrong file name, sometimes it's not always stable when double loading files either.

6. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

Hi, i have a question

In the TGM TyreTool Quickstar Guide, you say this:

"If you're stuck, the preferred starting point is to make the geometrical shape as realistic as possible"

I don't understand. What geometrical shape do you speak about?, the GMT's?. But, I don't see any link between GMT and TGM, and, in this case, where i can define the tire dimensions?

Thanks.

7. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

[Node] // 0...30
    Geometry=(0.1747,-0.166,0.0101)

These node entries define a 2 dimensional cross-section profile of the tyre. X being the lateral displacement from the centreline, Y being the height.
    The 3rd entry is the thickness of the tyre at that point.

PS. there's a little shortcut that wasn't mentioned in the TGM quick start, [MirrorNodesAbove] which mirror the nodes, can be useful when working on a symmetrical tyre. As an example to use this, if you use the standard '31' nodes, remove nodes 16 onwards, and add the line '[MirrorNodesAbove]'. It can be a little messy so I prefer not to use it, some may find it easier at this present moment though.

8. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

So do we use the nodes as our geometry and not imput the geometry in the top section of ttool? Or are the nodes generated from the first 2 tests? That's where i'm getting confused at the moment. I've been able to create lookup data and start to understand some of the realtime section, the nodes have me pretty confused. Especially on what the rest of the node information represents.

9. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

But, then we need to entry all these data writing all the lines called "Geometry"??

I hope that does not, because that is extremely complicated.