[REL] Truck Racing v1.1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Jul 19, 2013.

1. gbriden

gbriden Registered

Downloaded and ran feels pretty good but seriously need the ability to adjust gears makes this mod pretty much unusable at this point.

Also when the truck is in Garage the Force feedback is going crazy wheel jerking like mad but fine once on-track.

2. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you :).

3. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Holy crap this is so unbelievably fun and much higher quality than I originally thought. It looks like you've put a lot of time into this and it really shows. I'm not sure why I'm having this much fun with this, but I am, and for that, I thank you! :)

The sounds are incredible! The physics feel great too, like your really hauling around in some huge ass truck. You can really feel the weight during braking or when you slide this beast around corners with that deep tire squeal that makes you shiver.

I made a couple minor changes to the setup and reduced FFB strength to .50 since it was way to stiff for my flimsy little desk. Maxed tire pressures and stiffened up the rear sway bar for some added excitement and a race with AI at Monza was LOADS of fun. The replays look great!

I noticed a couple bugs I'd like to point out to you. First was the tire deformations are WAY too high. When sliding around a corner the tires nearly fold in half from the lateral load. I don't know if that's something you can change (assume it's caused by the added mass) but it's part of the reason I ran the highest tire pressure.
    Also noted the driver position seems very low when seen from the outside, particularly through the side window. Maybe you can double check that for accuracy?
    The gearing felt "OK" for Monza but it sure wouldn't hurt to have more flexibility (perhaps make it a 6 speed). It topped out somewhere around 145 on the straights and I found myself looking for more gears a lot.
    Is the engine and turbo/plumbing not finished? The way the turbo is set up doesn't make much sense atm. There are 2 connections going to the intercooler??? (and 1 out) but no inlet for the exhaust to the turbo.

Anyhow great job on this and very well made! Keep it up, looking forward to future updates in this beast! :)

4. Pak1979

Pak1979 Registered

Great Mod it´s make fun to drive...
    But i can not use the mirrors, the mirrors are grey all objects in it looks grey colored...

5. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

As a former truckie I had to have a go at this....Nice job mate. Obviously a lot of time and effort has gone into this and it certainly shows. Shame there is no-one racing these online yet. I've had a server up but not sure if it's working...If anyone is interested in having some fun in these and wants to put up a server I'll be there.

oz

6. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Hows it going Paul. Good to see you still around.

@gbriden There should not be adjustable gearing. Reiza's FTruck has very few changes in these beasts. It would take away from the reality of these trucks.

7. jaycer

jaycer Registered

if there is somebody who will run a series || championship with this mod please tell me im highly interessted into joining...

8. jaycer

jaycer Registered

i have another question i tried the mod today and my mirrors are black does someone know whats that problem?

9. Icarus

Icarus Registered

You made this from scratch? It feels better than most the ISI vehicles. Not normally my sort of thing to drive but the physics and feedback are some of the best in any sim. Make many more mods please.:cool:

10. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Icarus take a look at the first post, you can read the answer to your question.

11. jaycer

jaycer Registered

im currently waiting for the update on the black mirrors hope it arrives soon :)

12. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Coming this week, with an 8 speed gearbox the unlimited class.

13. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Thanks,
    Yes I made it from scratch.

14. jaycer

jaycer Registered

thats great news tommy :)

15. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Hi guys,

Update:
    - Fixed mirror shader
    - Unlimited class use 8 speed gearbox now (you can choose 3 final ratio)

Download link for the version of v1.1:
    MAN v1.1 Dropbox link

If someone can make any mirror it would be nice, my upload speed is very slow.

16. Hazi

Hazi Registered

THX - would like to make an mirror - but upload here is 0,4 Mb.... :(

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx Tommy! Unlimited class cool :)

18. jaycer

jaycer Registered

thanks im downloading now.

19. crz

crz Registered

I just wanted to create a mirror but the traffic limit of your dropbox account has already been reached.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
  20. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

^ What he said. :)