Trouble uninstalling Bathurst 1.0

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ricknau, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I ran few laps at Bathurst so I know it was installed and my packages screen showed 3PA_Bathhurst_2014* 1.0 with a check mark in the "Installed" column. When I clicked on the track to uninstall it the "Uninstall" button was greyed out. The "Delete" button was active so I went ahead and clicked that. Now the track is still listed on my packages screen with the check mark in the "installed" column but neither the "Uninstall" nor the "Delete" button are active. And the file is gone from my rFactor2/Packages folder. Yet I can still run the track. What the heck is going on? How can I uninstall it?

2. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

The track is installed in different folder (something like this: documents/rf2/installed)
    The package you download then delete is like is like a compressed file with archives being extracted when you install the package and placed in the aproprieted folders.
    You always could delete rcmp files you download if you haven't enough disk space BUT im not sure about unistall capability after doing that.
    Try setting the correct path on the box below car and tracks list (don't forget to refresh) If the path is where you usually download rcmp and stuff and unistall button still greyed out, try dowloading again the file to your download folder to see if helps and if it is mandatory the package file to uninstall.
    Hope you understand too
    Edit: Rfcmp is better described, i think, like a conteiner with some files. When you instal each file go to his proper folder or folder and you find them under that directory i mentioned (locations, vehicles, sounds, etc)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
  3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Thanks Lou Is for the suggestions. Digging around to find the darn file I got the brilliant idea to do a restore from my Recycle Bin. It put the rfcmp back where it came from... \rFactor2\Packages. So now the Delete button is active again but not the Uninstall button. Back to where I started.

I have noticed as I dig into the packages screen that several of my installed tracks (including Bathurst) have a * after the name and are in italics. All of these have the same issue... Delete is active but not Uninstall. And I've deduced from crossing my mouse over these tracks that all of them are "In Use..." by some series. So I think I'm getting to the bottom of it... delete the series (or "mod" or whatever) and then uninstall the track.

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

The * means the track is in use by a mod/vmod/rfmod... scroll down to the bottom and find the mod that includes the Bathurst 1.0 and delete that first, the * will disappear and you can then uninstall and delete the track.

5. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

This is true. I thought everything was already automatic. No?

6. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Thanks guys. Got 'er done!