Triple Screens Not Recognised

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Anthony Beck, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Anthony Beck

Anthony Beck Registered

Hi, I downloaded rFactor2 a couple of days ago and I am unable to get it to display on my triple screens. In Settings the monitor resolution does not allow me to select more than my single monitor resolution and I can't select 'Multiview'. Nvidia Surround is on and I run triples in iRacing.

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Try deleting the Config_DX11.ini from the UserData folder then restart rF2.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

In rFactor 2\UserData open the file Config_DX11.ini, go to CustomVidRes=(xxxx, xxxx) and put your resolution in.

4. Anthony Beck

Anthony Beck Registered

Have tried both of these and still the same, really appreciate the help though

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If you right click your desktop and select Display Settings do you see this resolution. (obviously it will be different if you don't use 3@ 1920x1080)
    Capture.JPG

If you do then I have no idea why rF2 is not letting that resolution to be selected.

6. Anthony Beck

Anthony Beck Registered

I see 2560 x 1440

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And what resolution are your 3 screens? With surround set up correctly your desktop resolution should be the total resolution (3 screens wide).

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Are you sure nVidia Surround is setup.
    It sounds like you have setup for multiple displays.
    Capture.PNG

9. Davide Arduini

Davide Arduini Registered

Hi everyone, I'm writing here because I've got a very similar problem with triple screen since 2 months. I've got 3* 2560x1440 @144hz freesync monitors, Amd RX590 graphics, and my issue comes out when I launch rf2 from the launcher with Amd Eyefinity (it's the Amd counterpart of Surround). When using other programs I keep it off, but I selected from Amd Radeon software that Eyefinity turns on when I launch rf2. The problem is that even if in the settings I select the right resolution (7680x1440) and multiview on, when it starts, it will change automatically those settings to 2560x1440, fullscreen@60hz and ui width 1920.

Another thing I noted is that when I launch it, the rf2 icon appears few seconds before the Eyefinity changes the screen resolution.
    I tried reinstalling and deleting user data folder, but no results. How can I resolve?

10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Manually turn Eyefinity on then start rF2.

11. Davide Arduini

Davide Arduini Registered

Yes, I'm doing like that now since 2 months, but it worked also with eyefinity on only at rf2 launch before, so I wonder what is that made this trick not working any more

12. Edbert

Edbert Registered

Hey all, new forum member, 1st post, just bought rFactor2 yesterday!

I'm what most simmers would call a casual, started playing car sims in 1989 with "Indy 500", did all the Papyrus games through the 90s too. But the only modern titles I've been playing is PCARS 1&2.

Reason for posting here is that I am having trouble getting triple monitors working too.

Graphics card is a 1080ti, each side monitor is a 24" @ 1920X1080, the center is a 27" running 3840X2160. The wing screens are centered within the vertical space. I have NEVER used "Nvidia surround" until reading his thread, but when I activate that it forces my 4k monitor to use 1920.

I am guessing here but it sounds like rFactor only "sees" triple monitors when Windows tells it there's just one. Am I reading that wrong? PCARS2 allows it because it "sees" there are three different screens not one.

Is there a way to bind the three together and allow different resolutions?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Edbert I don't think I've seen anyone do it successfully yet. The game doesn't recognise or set up the screens separately, as you say, it needs to see the triple resolution and will then render the screen as one or divide it into thirds if multiview is set. Driving games are well above average when it comes to multi screen support, so rF2 still ranks as "good", but it's not the best out there.

14. Edbert

Edbert Registered

Thanks for the reply Lazza, you confirmed what I thought I was seeing, at least I know I'm not missing it.

So I messed around with Nvidia settings, and to be honest the lower resolution in the center wasn't as bad as I expected. The bigger issue was the physically smaller screens running same res as the larger center one made the images not line up at the top and bottom. The middle was fine.

So I think I could tolerate leaving it that was for RF2, but Windows looks bad at 1920 on a 4k monitor, and the switching back and forth is a PITA.

I'll just live with it for now.