triple screen UPDATE ??????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Oct 2, 2013.

1. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

you may want to check the adaptive thingy ... it really helps if cars are what is causing your fps dip. It looks strange sometimes but it keeps your fps up there :)

EDIT: Of course, if your monitors are in a straight line - then multiview probably doesn't matter at all as there is no angle to worry about.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Weird. CPU limited? Framerate limiter set from a program, GPU control panel, or rF2 itself (PLR)? Vsync?

3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I guess saying I get no gain is an exaggeration. I just used FRAPS to get some averages. It varies because I run a live lap instead of using a replay like was done in that old benchmarking thread. Doing 3 or 4 runs it looks like at best I get about a 6-7% average FPS gain while rendering 25% fewer pixels. And no I don't have any of the restrictive settings that you ask about. Using Afterburner I can see that with the high res my GPU runs pretty much at max (seems pegged at 97%) while at lower res it floats around in mid to high 90s, i.e., not pegged.

Oh well, it seems strange to me but I'm not going to worry too much about it. I'm pretty happy with the FPS either way. It just seems like I remember getting a bigger boost when I had my old 560 installed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes, I am locked at 120 fps too, 670 SLI don`t have similar performance as 780 GTX SLI but you should bee able to lock you fps at 60.

5. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Yeah I know. It's also very suspicious that it's holding at 1/2 of my refresh rate. I'm going to run some tests this weekend including logging CPU/GPU usage.

6. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Well, interesting.

SLI + multiview: GPU1 and GPU2 usage are both at ~95% and the CPU is pegged at 90+%

SLI + multiview + HDR: GPU1 and GPU2 usage are both at ~60% and the CPU is between 50 and 75%

7. Wheely

Wheely Registered

Any News, when this will happend finally :rolleyes:

8. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

seriously, this needs to be implemented....with unlimited seat movement and pitch included. AC has got it nailed down, I can set my FOV and seat position absolutely perfect while sitting in the cars, this would be fantastic in Rf2.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If/when you can designate a specific FOV while using triple screens in AC please let me know. Not everyone wants to play with the "correct" FOV. The correct FOV for my setup is around 16 or so degrees, but that is a little too low for me so I run a consistent 25 in all my games (gsc, rf1, ftruck, rf2, etc) however in AC if you set triple independent screens then you cannot just set the FOV that you desire you HAVE to go through all the measuring of lengths, bezels, angles, distances, etc. You don't even know what FOV you're using.

6 months later and I'm still constantly playing with all the measurements in AC as I just can't seem to get it spot on, not to mention I can't set it to my preferred FOV (25) in order to keep a consistent FOV with all my games.

On the other hand, in Rf based games I had my triple screens setup in 2 minutes. Go in the game with your desired FOV that you prefer, angle your monitors so that the dash and everything looks perfectly straight from where you sit, done! (Bezel compensation should have already been done in the graphics card control panel).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  10. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

You can adjust a specific FOV, not sure which app it is, I think the seat position one, not sure though. With that, I think you would not get proper bezel correction, I have to fire it up and see. But what I do is I measure everything, input my #'s and continued to adjust until I like what I see and leave it. Yes I don't know what my FOV angle is (it says 54 but I doubt that) maybe its in a file or something but I don't really care what it is because it looks right to me. The bezel correction is great, I don't use the bezel correction in the Nvidia control panel because I don't like the shift I get so with AC I can line everything up perfect and keep the center monitor centered. With the unlimited seat movements I can than get to a point where it looks perfect to me it really helps with the open wheelers. I do hope ISI can introduce proper triple screen support one day but until than I'll just take what I can get.

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Slightly OT sorry about that, but not that much: yesterday I set a dual monitor configuration at home using Softth (great piece of software, easy to configure and use). Can seems weird to use 2 monitors, but IMO better than having the second one turned of, I can set it to my left, or better to my right with left handled wheel car to have a full cockpit view, put secondaries HUD stuffs in there, etc.. Anyway, my problem was to keep the virtual wheel centered in my central monitor like if I still using only one monitor, and as softth make rF2 believe I have a bigger monitor, wheel was at the middle of both. With AC I can slide my seat horizontally clicking 2 arrows and it's simply great. With rF2 I didn't know until few minutes ago how to do it simply (editing mas file for each car each time I change my monitor configuration? no way, Free Camera with mouse movement interfering? no way, etc.) and then I saw RealHeadMiton plugin seems to have a left/right default setting compensating the lack of seat control in rF2 so I guess I could use it for that...

12. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

That is an interesting setup YoLo, editing mas files is something I have never done so I'm not familiar with that. But like you said AC is easier to adjust just by sitting in the car, adjust and go, done.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya AC is much more modern with regards to the UI and it's functionality, that's for sure.

14. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

Hi'
    I'm currently running EVGA GTX 670 4GB in SLI using Intel i7 4770k OC'd to 4.5GHz and I'm currently having the same problems you guys are having with SLI + multiview + HDR being stuck at 30fps. The tracks are dark enough and I would like to be able to run HDR without taking a huge performance hit. It runs super smooth with 120fps capped. This running HDR problem started when I got my 2nd video Card so I know it must be a SLI optimization problem.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I would love to see this one as well since I just got couple more monitors couple days ago and am running triples now. :p

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

And I would love if ISI unlock it for dual monitor setup. I found lot of persons on internet who have only 2 monitors. Guess what? Statically speaking, more persons have 2 monitor at home versus persons having 3! yes, numbers never lies! ! ;)

Edit: just an example, you can find lot of pictures and movies on internet with only dual screens:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  17. MMartin

MMartin Registered

yep, I love dual monitors!

18. rwkeating

rwkeating Registered

I never thought of dual monitors, but that setup in the above video preview makes perfect sense. I always thought of having the split in the middle (duh). Plus there are benefits to just 2, lower cost, lower GPU demands, no need for angle adjustment.

19. nipzon

nipzon Registered

It might be lower GPU demands and lower cost but I think less immersive than three monitors.

20. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I fully agree, but dual screen could also be more immersive than one monitor IMHO, no? ;)

OT, we need to create another thread, sorry guys.