Triple screen alignment of side monitors(iRacing equivalent of Vanish-Y)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Doug, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Doug

Doug Registered

I am fairly new to RF2. Really enjoy the game, but I have one issue with my triple screen setup. The horizon / lines of my side monitors do not line up with the middle monitor. I believe this issue is due to my head height in relation to my monitors, since if I slouch way down in my seat, things appear to visually align.

I had this same issue in iRacing, and I was able to correct it by adjusting the "Vanish-Y" setting in the camera view. I have been playing around with all sorts of settings, but cannot seem to find the camera setting to correct it in RF2.

Please see the attached image to see what I am talking about. Notice how the wall slopes down on the side monitor.

Appreciate any help the group can offer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pascom likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As far as I know that adjustment isn't in rF2. You need to be central to your screens.

3. Doug

Doug Registered

Thanks for the reply. My eye level is about center on the monitor. I would have to slouch down to about the bottom of the monitor in order to see it straight. The picture probably makes it look a little worse than it is, but it is definitely not straight.

4. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Weird, it's supposed to be well align as long as your eye are level to the center of the screen.
    Don't have access to my triple right now... I won't be able to test it.

Did you try to change the 'seat pitch'... I think it's...
    shift + [
    shift + ]
    ...by defaut... see if it help, in combinaison with seat position.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Doug just to cover all the bases, I take it you have enabled multiview in the options and then set up the screen angles in the game?

Kahel likes this.
  6. Doug

Doug Registered

Thanks Kahel, will give that a try.
    Lazza, yes, I have enabled multi view and input all of the measurements in the triple screen setup box. I have used the same numbers which work in iracing. I have also tried tweaking them to get things straight but it has not worked.

Here is an example of the adjustment I am talking about in iracing. If you scroll down to the warping section.
    https://sampsoid.com/fov-calc/

7. Doug

Doug Registered

Unfortunately seat pitch did not do the trick.

8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

i have the issue....My fix is to put higher the monitors....I find them very high but it's aligned...or we need a rotation function....it can fix alignement if you rotate the monitor.

I need more test...I want to use 45fov but with triple I can't change...it's not like with single screen...I have to choose widht.... but it feels not like single...it feels more narrow than single...

How can i have the same single monitor fov, width and height values for triple???
    If i put the values it's not like single default