Triple monitors on max details - what do you need?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jkovacsb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. jkovacsb

jkovacsb Registered

Anybody managed to play with triples (1080p), all graphics details on max and at least 60FPS?

I am running 2xSLIXGTX660 HDR on, with this shadows, special effect, AA must be low to maintain 60 FPS.
    I am thinking wether to buy one more GTX660 and go for 3XSLI GTX660or or a new large single card (690?).

The rest of the PC is i7 with 8GB RAM.

Thanks.

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Well, most say that SLI is currently not worth it, but 660s are really not up for the job, I'm running tripples on a single 780ti, but not at MAX as "MultiView" is kinda FPS heavy, same goes for HDR. So I'd say you need an even better ( and more expensive gfx) :p

- and tripples without "MultiView" is kinda lame IMHO

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Why not going with newer generation of cards? 780ti has dropped prices since 980 release. 970 is pretty good too. I can't say much about newly released 960.

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

It WAS the never generation, but x60 is puny compared to x70 or x80, as I understand the model naming.

But the OC'ed 780ti still is high-end and among the best.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-980-vs-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  5. jkovacsb

jkovacsb Registered

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I can run triples at well over 60fps (maybe even 100-120 fps) with a single 780 Ti, but instead of max settings, I use almost max (all max except shadows @ high instead of full, AF @ 8x instead of 16x, and shadow blur @ fast instead of quality, and sometimes circuit detail @ high instead of full).

Check out the first link in my sig, your graphics will still look like you're running 100% max.

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

HDR and MultiView ?

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

9. jkovacsb

jkovacsb Registered

I know it is not 100% correct, but multiple by 2. On the chart the difference between 780 and 780ti is like 10%. Is this correct in reallity?
    My settings are Circuit+texture high, player+opponent full, shadow low, particles low, HDR, Multiview and this runs over 60FPS. 2xGTX660SLI pretty close to what descibed by Spinelli for the 780Ti.

So anybody ever heared of somebody, running on triples, multiview, HDR and everything maxed out performing over 60FPS?

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

It also depends on resolution, MOD and Track - but if you can get actual 2x performance by using SLI, then you are a VERY lucky guy I'd say.

This is MY CARD and I can't - not just an average 780ti

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup :)

If my memory serves me right, I was pretty much constantly locked at 100 fps (monitor @ 100Hz, RF2 player-file set to max framerate 100). While using just about full max in-game settings + HDR + multiview + native res (5xxx x 1080) + 8xCSAA + transparency multisampling.

I just set the following in-game GFX settings to 1 notch lower than max:
    - Shadows ("high" instead of "full")
    - AF (8x instead of 16x)
    - Circuit detail ("high" instead of "full") if I need to, but sometimes this stays on "full" - depends on the track

Finally, I set shadow blur two notches lower ("fast" instead of "optimized" or "quality") because - as of a few builds ago - "fast" looked better, to me, than "optimized".

Trust me, you will not notice a difference between playing with shadows and AF one notch lower at "high" & "8x" instead of "full" & "16x". And shadow blur @ "fast" instead of "quakity"? Hardly noticeable unless you don't play using the cockpit view (eg. you play using the 3rd person view).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  12. jkovacsb

jkovacsb Registered

I use the cockpit view. :)
    I have to revise, your (Spnilli) settings are a bit more demanding then mine. As I know 780 has not got 3 DVI connectors, so HDMI or display port is used. This means max 60 Hz refresh rate. Do you sense an improvement from 60FPS to 100 FPS?
    Based on your and WIZPER's suggestion 780ti seem viable.

WiIZPER - does your run on max? Is this an OC-d 780Ti, right?

Thanks for your help.
    I am wondering, anybody running 980?

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Displayport is even superior to dual-link DVI, let alone HDMI, and is more than capable of delivering 1080p @ 144Hz :)

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Trust me, 2 X GTX 660 is not same as single 780 in rF2 world. rF2 SLI+triple mode FPS only scales well under special circumstances, for most users SLI doesn't work as it should. You should be able to run quite close to max on single 780.

15. jkovacsb

jkovacsb Registered

Sounds promising, I will make a try.
    Thanks for all your help.