Triple Monitor Issue - Bad FPS Lag on L and R monitors.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by roastincoffee, May 26, 2022.

1. roastincoffee

roastincoffee Registered

I am new to rFactor2. I am a vet simracer though. I have many hours in iRacing and F1 2020 and 2021. I also have hours in American Truck Simulator (its relevant).

All three of these games I run triple screen on MAX graphic settings with no issues. Granted, F1 and ATS both require Nvidia Surround to work. iRacing however uses modifications to the config.ini file which, after watching a couple YT videos from sim racers on rFactor2 is also how I modified rFactor2 to run on triple monitors.

However, in rFactor2, the left and right monitors have horrid FPS lag. The center screen is smooth running.

Any idea why? I have tried lowering the graphic settings just in case (went all the way down to preset low settings) and am still having the fps lag on the left and right monitors.

I have no tried nVidia Surround yet. I will try that next.

2. regged

regged Registered

Enable your monitors with nVidia surround, then run the rFactor2 graphics config and check MultiView and correct resolution. Then once in game (in car on the track) use "CTRL + =" to start the multiview widget to set monitor angles and distances.

3. roastincoffee

roastincoffee Registered

So Surround IS needed...unlike that YT video I found suggested. OK. I did everything here you suggested but after I edited the config file as the video I found said Surround wasnt needed. Will try this. Thanks!

(Dan Suzuki video)

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@roastincoffee that method certainly works but I can't vouch for performance on the current build. I've used it previously with no issue.

5. regged

regged Registered

Looks like you can do it with or without surround, I've found using surround to be quite easy and monitor angles, bezels and distances can be set live using the triple monitor widget that can be accessed once you are in game on track using the CTRL + = combo - you may need to check your control bindings to make sure this is set.

6. roastincoffee

roastincoffee Registered

Thank you both! Surround worked as intended. I should have just used it in the first place.

regged likes this.