Transparent trainer option

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Krevett62, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Krevett62

Krevett62 Registered

It would be nice to have the in-game option to erase a saved transparent trainer when selecting your car-track combo in practice rather than having to do it manually from installation folder.

Sometimes when a track is updated my old transparent trainer goes crazy through walls and I need to delete the old file to build a new working one.

2. Karoly Mayer

Karoly Mayer Registered

Hi Krevett. I cant answer your question but I am curious of how to delete the tranparent trainer from the folders directly?

3. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Delete the .ttl file associated with the car and track. The file is [car name].ttl and is located in the C:\Users\[name]\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\[trackname] folder.

I found that info in this thread:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/transparent-trainer-ghost-car.41403/

Hope this helps.

EDIT: More info here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/share-transparent-trainer-ttl-files.36853/

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I like the ghost, can we have simply a ghost for the session ? and each time I start a new session, it's auto-deleted.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How do the options currently work? (Best, Saved). I've seen mentions over the years so not sure how things are right now.

6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I want to know, if I remember it's the best saved, and each time, it's this, that's why I prefer a new ghost for each session.

7. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Pretty sure there is a option for 'best in session'.

Edit: Nope. There is Saved, Best (your PB with that track, car combo), and Previous.
    there really should be a Best in Session option..

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Saved, Best, Previous. That's it.

I've found threads indicating (at various times in the past) that Saved wasn't functional, Best was saving from previous sessions, no mention of Previous so maybe it's safe to assume (haha! yeah right!) the previous lap is working correctly.

I kind of thought Alex (Heuskat) would know, since surely people don't ask for stuff without knowing it's not already there and working. Maybe not.

Anyone know what the current status is? Anyone actually playing the game??? o_O :p

*edit: so did some quick test runs and it appears the above is still true - saved doesn't do anything, Best keeps the best lap across sessions and saves the ttl (on track exit), Previous seems to work correctly (previous lap, always).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

so no best ghost for the actual session? it's a must have.

10. JParra

JParra Registered

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this, but I have never used the transparent trainer until now that in one of our servers we have Nordschleife and 3 quite complicated cars (GT40 MK.IV, AC Shelby Cobra, ...) so I would like to activate it to improve but I don't know if it works for a server or only for offline, since I have tried several combinations and I can't get it out, although in the past I know I had it and I deactivated it.

Thanks.