Transparent Trainer - How to load saved TT-laps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stenne, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Stenne

Stenne Registered

Hi

I'm quite new to rFactor2 so I'm still in to learning some basic things work. Right now it's the Transparent Trainer.

I'm now quite familiar with it but there is one thing I can't get to work. I have run some laps with TT set to "best" and got a saved TTL-file in my ...\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\[trackname] folder.

To use that saved TT-lap again I change Transparent Trainer to "Saved" in the Main Menu/Options/Display-window and reload the session (same car, same track). But then the Transparent Trainer won't show up on the track (I've done several laps).

I'm probably missing some basic step, but I would be grateful for any help.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

In your .PLR file it says:
    Transparent Trainer Lap="2" 0=off, 1=use saved lap (never updated), 2=use best lap (starts with saved lap but updates if faster), 3=always use last lap

So maybe its the 'saved' option that's doing it? I would try 'best' and see what it does.
    Think the saved option is there so you can use .ttl's from other people.

http://legends-league.com/wiki/rf2Ghostcar

3. Stenne

Stenne Registered

Thanks Denstjiro for your swift answer

I've had a look at the Wiki-League pages and I thought I could use the "saved" mode to load a saved TTL-file and then have the TT to drive that constantly for every lap. After some "testing" now I've figured out that that is exactly what it does. What it does'nt do, and what I hoped for, is to meet me up at the starting line each lap like it does in the "best" and "previous" mode. That way I thought I could use that saved lap (from me or someone else) without it beeing overwritten when I leave the track. Which is what happens in "best" mode.

Anyway, I think I can use the "best" mode for the same purpose, exept that I have to store away the TTL-files I want to use, and then manually switch files in the ...rFactor\Userdata\player\Settings\[trackname] folder when I need to.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

5. Stenne

Stenne Registered

Thanks for the tip peterchen

I'm already using delta-best-time a lot within my sessions and it's really a very useful tool. My idea with the "saved" mode in rF2 was to use saved laps as TT at later sessions.

I'm all into rF2 now but previously I've been running Race07/Evo for a while and there was a nifty function where you could just save a lap and then at some later time use that lap (or downloaded laps from others) as the "Ghost Car". I first believed this "saved" mode in rF2 was something similar.

But, it's so great to race in rF2 so I'll manage without it.

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Don't know if it might be useful to you, but I'm running an experimental version of DeltaBest plugin that automatically saves the best lap to disk and will restore it next time you load same car/track.

Ideally you could also share those files...

7. Stenne

Stenne Registered

Wow, that would in my opinion be a great update of your DeltaBest plugin.

I'm eagerly awaiting it to be released (if that's what you're planning).