Tranparency Problem

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by vicent-sollana, Aug 6, 2012.

1. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Not really sure why that is happening, it could be a new 101 issue. Curious though... why does the garage building need transparency?

3. vicent-sollana

Could the shadows be the cause?

Maybe I explain it wrong, I'm not sure the alpha is involved in the problem because it isn't checked. I was revising it and in the moddev continues to look right. I assigned the object (Static, Solid) ShadowGroups=(12), is this correct?

View attachment 3463

Thanks.

4. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I can confirm it's 101 issue.

Some tso's transparency just do not work right. On previous build, transparency worked as designed.

In this case, I have tested this with several shaders (Bump Cube Map Alpha Reflect T1, Bump Specular Map T1 and plain T1), alpha blending- and chroma transparency and finally with material offset, but looks like it cannot be fixed (or I haven't found a way yet).

I have a hunch, that this might be related texture's alpha channel. If channel is not 100% white, this might happen. I'm still working on somes test to confirm this...

Edit: no, this is not related to different shades of gray in alpha channel. With some objects and textures it works, some other it doesn't. At the moment I couldn't find any pattern/causal relation on this behaviour.

And in my case, this problem is same in single player- and dev mode.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
  5. vicent-sollana

Thanks for the input, We'll have to wait for the isi guys.

6. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I think problem could orinigate from shaders recompile and HDR, when loading track first time in Dev Mode (or Single Player mode).

In my system, problem got fixed when I load track up few times with- and without active HRD. After third time, transparency worked both modes (with HRD and without) and has worked since then.

I haven't touch any other settings or alter anything (material or geometry) on track scene.

Cheers!